1998 Honda Hornet problem - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-23-2011, 07:13 PM Thread Starter

1998 Honda Hornet problem

Just traded a POS moped for a friends 98 Honda Hornet (599) 600r. Looking forward to getting it on the road. Just a problem came up. So, today changed all the fluids including gas, changed plugs too on the bike and a new battery. Got it started just fine and idled well, so I took it out for maybe a 3 minute run around the block. Shit was fucking FUN! Came back smoked a cig and started it back up. Wanted to piss off the neighbors even more so while I was sitting on the bike I go to rev it to the 13k redline. Got to 5k and was slightly breaking up and wouldnt go farther. I just shrugged it off thinking it probably has a rev limiter when its not in gear and moving. Went for another spin and this time at higher RPM it would lack power and not rev like it should. Then it completly died on me. Pulled to the side of the road and tried starting it. Sounded like it was firing but hardly at all and wouldnt run.I try starting it a few times and nothing. So I start pushing this heavy bitch home. Shit was hard so I stop to try starting it again. Same thing. Tried pulling the choke and it would start up and run but hardly, so I try to get going riding the clutch but it stalled cuz no power. Tried starting again, started, then died completly, all electics gone cuz the main fuse (30a one) blew so I ended up pushing it home. Any ideas WTF is wrong cuz I never had a bike before and Im wondering if its something simple before I start tearing it apart trying to troubleshoot it. While it was running it was fucking awsome riding it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-27-2011, 07:56 PM Thread Starter

Anyone?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-29-2011, 06:37 PM
Strength and Honor

Carbs need to be cleaned. Pull them, take them apart, and clean everything out. Including (and especially) the jets and passages.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-29-2011, 09:42 AM

i would take my bike to a mechanic . And sit on a chair eatin peanuts while deals with the problem!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by sikander; 04-20-2011 at 06:36 AM.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-12-2013, 09:17 PM

Hello Friends,

The Honda CB600F Hornet uses simple ingredients, thoughtfully combined to create a motorcycle far better than you’d guess. Old Honda CBR600F engine plus a basic frame, cost conscious suspension and upright bars make a versatile motorcycle that’s fun and practical. High level exhaust, USD forks and wide rear tyre add a dash of pzazz. The CB600F Hornet suits shorter bikers well.

Thanks and Regards,
Umang Kumar
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-13-2013, 07:28 AM
Banned

I can order the carb kit for you, I work for Broward Motorsports Of Fort Lauderdale Florida. Please shoot me an email with the parts you need. [email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode