Honda CBR 600F4i first ride... - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-21-2000, 05:01 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to CBR_Brutha Send a message via Yahoo to CBR_Brutha
Thumbs up

Yeah it's finally out! Motorcycle Online did a review/first ride of the F4i. To check it out, go to: http://www.motorcycle.com/mo/mchonda/01f4i.html

Can't wait for the (cough)unbiased(cough) 600 shoot-out!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
instructor
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-21-2000, 06:54 AM

Thumbs up

Looks pretty nice! I love the new face, even if it is ripped off from the R6.

"It's like Dancing sitting down. Squeeze-tap-release-twist. Left hand-right foot-left hand-right hand"
~James Patterson

Kyle J.-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-21-2000, 10:13 AM

Send a message via AIM to Rob Nance Send a message via Yahoo to Rob Nance
Hmmmm. Seems if anything has two wheels everyone accuses everyone of stealing design cues. To me the front looks nothing like the R6, unless having two headlights, a nose, and a windshield looking the same, heh. I have not seen a bike with the alien/cat-eye look from the factory like this. I think it looks new gsx-r nose point like if anything.

Anyhow, I think the front looks awesome, a LONG LONG overdue nose redesign for the F series. I don't like how all the brands keep sharing color schemes across platforms though. The red and white F4i looks just like a 929 from the side, kinda like the blue/white suzi's, and blue r1/r6. I think bikes should stand out. When someone sees your flagship bike they should instantly know what model it is by the color scheme. Just my 2 cents.

Rob Nance
Austin, TX
1997 Suzuki GSX-R 750
2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-21-2000, 10:37 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to CBR_Brutha Send a message via Yahoo to CBR_Brutha
Quote:
Originally posted by Rob Nance
I don't like how all the brands keep sharing color schemes across platforms though. The red and white F4i looks just like a 929 from the side...I think bikes should stand out. When someone sees your flagship bike they should instantly know what model it is by the color scheme.
I agree. That's why I LOVE the Silver/Blk and Red/Blk. Both color combos not being offered by any of the other Japanese factories; to my knowledge. I believe Suzuki stopped producing their Red/Blk 600, and Kawi's and Yami's are Red and Red/Wht respectively, right? I think the new schemes are pretty bitchin'!

My $.02

instructor
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-21-2000, 12:03 PM

Damnit, these communists at work have motorcycle.com blocked!!! I'll have to wait until I get home. At least I can waste time here with you good people.

James

If 33 red cows enter a race with a total of 37 cows, should anyone be surprised when a red cow wins?
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-21-2000, 04:32 PM

I met a guy last weekend who had his TL1000 painted dark blue. When it came back it was actually periwinkle. He said he didn't even want to put the platic on the bike but his roomie wanted a picture.
Now if Honda made an F4i periwinkle with the black frame and black honda stickers would that be distinct enough?
I do agree though, they should have different schemes for each model. Thats why I love my bike. Solid bright yellow really stands out.
And, damn, that F4i looks sharp! I finally rode a 2000 F4 and was pleasently suprised. I has come a long way from my old F2. Wonder what a F4i rides like for the average person.

www.ftb-racing.com
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-22-2000, 03:04 AM
Banned

First....the F4i si a beautiful bike. Can someone buy me one? While you are at it can you buy me a VTX and a Gsxr 1000? Thanks.
Second...Birdman..what is up with your work blocking motorcycle.com??? If you give me so info I can probably tell you how to get around it...but before that try....

http://www.anonymous.com its a website that allows you to access anything you want through THIER site and no one will know the better.
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-22-2000, 01:34 PM

Send a message via AIM to RCjohn
Quote:
Originally posted by funksouljon
I met a guy last weekend who had his TL1000 painted dark blue. When it came back it was actually periwinkle. He said he didn't even want to put the platic on the bike but his roomie wanted a picture.
Now if Honda made an F4i periwinkle with the black frame and black honda stickers would that be distinct enough?
I do agree though, they should have different schemes for each model. Thats why I love my bike. Solid bright yellow really stands out.
And, damn, that F4i looks sharp! I finally rode a 2000 F4 and was pleasently suprised. I has come a long way from my old F2. Wonder what a F4i rides like for the average person.
Now Jon, you're not suggesting that Ducati uses any more individuality, from model to model, compared to the Japanese are you? (ie, 748/916/955/996 or 750ss/900ss or 600/750/900Monster)

Seriously, I agree. It is done by all of the companies now. They should try to show more idividuality from model to model. Course Honda did make that ugly damn orange and black F4. J/K It wouldn't be that bad if I didn't live in Tennessee Volunteer country. Everything is orange.

John

The sheep need love too but they lie.
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-22-2000, 08:15 PM

I'll tell you one thing that I absolutely hate about the new F4i, the RC51, Duc 748, 916/996, and many other bike with the dual bulb set up, and that is the one headlight for low beam and two for high beam. Man I hate that. While we are talking styling, I cannot understand why Honda went with the wing graphics on the 929s in the States. It makes the 929 look almost identical to the F4. I think that they should have released the 929 with the Fireblade graphics like they did here in Canada, and the rest of the world. Does anybody have any idea why Honda went with the wing graphics for the States, and Fireblade graphics everywhere else? For that matter, why do they call it the CBR929RR in the States, and still the CBR900RR Fireblade everywhere else?

Rossco.
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-23-2000, 06:33 AM

The Cycle gaints have been doing that re-naming from country to country thing for years now. I think only harley (small H on purpose) has maintained a constant naming scheme, which is good cause if they diverted any of their effort to renaming machines thier equipment would be even more out dated.

Friends don't let friends drive Harleys!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode