2004 CBR600 F4i - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-04-2009, 04:46 AM Thread Starter

Question 2004 CBR600 F4i

I just bought an 04 CBR 600F4i. The bike looks great has never been laid down and is complete from end to end. This bike runs great when started up however when the bike gets up to operating temperature around 127 degrees is begins to idle down and eventually quits. I am somewhat mechanical and it seems to me like it could be an O2 Sensor but i may be wrong. Does anyone have any ideas? Any help is appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-11-2009, 02:45 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to HotHONDACBRCali
Dude I Own an `03 F4i, and I'm Having the Exact same symptoms, I just did a Full "Tune-Up"( I'm at 12,300) and I'm now running Full synthetic, I also changed the Oil Filter, ReCharged my K & N, and put in 4 NGKs(spark plugs, they ain't cheap!$83 OTD from Honda dealer!) and I Tested it after, to see if tghe same problems exist, My Bike STILL, After running Normally for about 20 mins, F1 light comes on, bike runs herky-jerky Rough, almost quits!! I've Heard that there is a particular part that even Most Honda Techs won't tell you about, or don't know too much, it's the "Fuel Pressure Return Regulator", it's like a Diaphram, On the throttle bodies, it Can and Does tear/Break/malfunction, and I've heard that IT needs replacing, If the fuel filter etc are still good( I've been narrowing it down part by part myself trying to figure it out!!) Then call your local dealer/Parts( Try Online too) for that part!! My bike seems to Be running quite HOT( above the Normal temps, by around 40-50 degrees) so I'm going to replace my thermostat as well, and see if it STILL cuts out, or Almost does!! Any other questions feel Free to hit me back & Good Luck!!!!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-12-2009, 08:57 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to akcbr
I know it sounds silly, but once it's run for a few minutes, and before it dies, increase the idle using the idle control thumb-screw located on the left side, in the little opening in the fairing. It's placed where other bikes might have a reserve fuel switch. It's a black twisty-knob thingy with ridges in it. It can't hurt to try, always rule out the simple shit first. (clock-wise to increase idle).

it's not my fault....

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-16-2010, 04:51 AM

I have a 2006 F4i and the normal running temperature
is 170 or so..
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-01-2011, 08:13 AM

you may take your tank off and check out the petcock. it may be gummed up
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-20-2012, 05:47 AM

Everything you need to know is here is about the engine, from simple tune-up and carburetor reg.airs to the serious business of replacing main bearings and resizing cylinder bores.You’ll quickly see how an engine works, how each system-ignition, fuel, lubrication, and cooling-contribute to the proper operation of an engine. And where possible!e. adjustment and repair procedures appear in step-by-step order.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode