2008 Honda CBR1000RR Review - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-31-2008, 12:40 PM Thread Starter
Sponsored Editorial Content

2008 Honda CBR1000RR Review

Motorcycle.com reviews the 2008 Honda CBR1000RR. Be sure to read the article and check out the video, as well. We would love to hear your thoughts and opinions on the bike along with the article, so be sure to post your comments and feedback within this thread

Ah, a new Honda literbike. Lighter, of course. Faster, too. And with a bit more than 110 horsepower making its way to the rear wheel, this CBR is a rocket!

“Huh? Dude, the 2008 CBR1000RR better have more power than that!”

Indeed it does, but I was flashing back a decade to the first press launch of my motojournalist career. The changes made to the 1998 CBR900RR made it the best big CBR ever, and I was awed by how fast yet controllable that new scalpel was.

Read More: 2008 Honda CBR1000RR Review
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-31-2008, 02:57 PM

love the bike
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-09-2008, 05:13 AM

Very nice bike but I just like the front face. They should have kept the 2007 face and everything would have been good. It just doesn't look mean like the 06-07 does. Just my .02cents

Your not speeding until you get caught.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-12-2010, 04:46 PM

Thumbs up Hi there looby dubby!

Wow thats really interesting. Thnx for sharing!

Dj.bb
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-09-2012, 11:49 AM

I had the 2007 version, then traded up to this 2008. I love the bike. I thought the HP was closer to 150 though. I have only been riding a sport bike for a little over a year. I took my time to learn the handling and the power. I do have a question: How does this bike compare to a similar R1?
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-03-2013, 07:18 PM

Hello Friends,

The CBR1000RR, also known as the Fireblade, is a 999 cc (61.0 cu in) liquid-cooled inline four-cylinder sport bike that was introduced by Honda in 2004 to replace the CBR954RR. The Honda CBR1000RR was developed by the same team that was behind the MotoGP series. Many of the new technologies introduced in the Honda CBR600RR, a direct descendant of the RC211V, were used in the new CBR1000RR such as a lengthy swingarm, Unit Pro-Link rear suspension, and Dual Stage Fuel Injection System (DSFI). The Honda CBR1000RR was the successor to the CBR954RR. While evolving the CBR954RR design, few parts were carried over to the CBR1000RR. The compact 998 cc (60.9 cu in) in-line four was a new design, with different bore and stroke dimensions, race-inspired cassette-type six-speed gearbox, all-new ECU-controlled ram-air system, dual-stage fuel injection, and center-up exhaust featuring a new computer-controlled butterfly valve.

Thanks and Regards,
Umang Kumar

Last edited by DanQ; 04-05-2013 at 10:52 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode