mods to be made to the XX - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-08-2000, 12:53 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up

Hi, I have a 98 CBR 1100XX that in the next week or so when all the parts are in I will be making some mods to. I dont realy expect having any trouble with the work but am open to any tips or input from those who have done the same.
I will be instaling a Micron full system 4-2-1 w/CF canister. I will be installing Microns "Fuel Management System" (jet kit) as well. It is suposed to be specifically matched for my bike/exhaust combo and Micron says it will be "spot on" and will need no tuning. It entails drilling out slide lift holes w/provided bit. Replacing needles springs, and washers with provided parts, e-clip on groove 2. Replacing Main jets with correct provided part per altitude. Lastly adjusting fuel mixture screws full in then out 2 turns.

I will also be installing a Vortex alum. sprocket in the rear (LP gold spkt. nuts), a new D.I.D. gold X ring chain, and an LP Pollished chain guard.

Like I said I am not realy expecting any trouble as it all seems preaty straightforward I am just open to any tips or input/info.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-08-2000, 01:42 PM

I think you will be quite pleased. The first thing you should notice if the jetting is spot on as claimed will be the fact that it will pull much nicer through the midrange. The dip between 5000 and 6000RPM should be gone or almost gone. It's much more enjoyable without that midrange stumble. If you just put on the exhaust and don't rejet the dip gets worse because it runs severly lean in the midrange. The shop that put mine on did a dyno run with the exhaust but before they jetted and they said the mixture was something like 18:1 or more and ideal is I believe around 12 or 13:1. Anyway, good luck I'm sure you'll love it.

James

If 33 red cows enter a race with a total of 37 cows, should anyone be surprised when a red cow wins?
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-08-2001, 07:46 PM

Exclamation BLACKBIRD

I ALSO HAVE THE CARBED BIRD, AND LOVE IT. BUT NEED TO DO SOME UPGRADES. ANY IDEAS WHERE TO TALK TO PEAPLE ABOUT UPGRADES? ANYBODY OUT THERE HAVE ANY SUGESTIONS? PLEASE RESPOND
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode