More 929 complaints - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-01-2000, 09:07 AM Thread Starter

Unhappy

I saw the 2001 929 today in the new colors excluding the Erion Scheme and I must say Im very disappointed.

Actually, the red/black is nice looking, but thats a bad luck color combo with me since I crashed my Red/blk F4.

But Honestly, the new Black with 'yellow' for 2001 is YUCK! that yellow has to go! it would be so nice with the regular pearl yellow like on the 98 and 99 900RR but that glowing yellow is bad.

So, If I end up getting a 929 I guess I have to pay extra for the Erion Scheme.

"It's like Dancing sitting down. Squeeze-tap-release-twist. Left hand-right foot-left hand-right hand"
~James Patterson

Kyle J.-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-01-2000, 10:57 AM

Custom paint Kyle, custom paint!
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-01-2000, 12:07 PM
Squidwannabe

Ya I hear you on that yellow/black scheme.. But the other two I really like.. The red/black looks like the F4

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-01-2000, 12:40 PM

Buy a Fireblade from Canada. The schemes are also not as nice for 2001 as they were for 2000, though. If I were you, I would get myself a good deal on a leftover 2000 'Blade, and import it into the States. They are nicer looking than anything offered in the States (short of the Erion version), and you will be the only person in town with a 'Blade.

Rossco.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-01-2000, 12:58 PM

Send a message via AIM to RCjohn
I like the new yellow and black. I wouldn't buy it but I do like it on other bikes. It just wouldn't match my leathers.

John

The sheep need love too but they lie.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-01-2000, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by RCjohn
I like the new yellow and black. I wouldn't buy it but I do like it on other bikes. It just wouldn't match my leathers.

...or your Tele-tubbie suit... Sorry, couldn't resist...
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-01-2000, 02:13 PM Thread Starter

Smile Yellow Is'nt yellow anymore....

Quote:

John, I LOVE yellow and black together. My 900 IS yellow and black, but you gotta see this 'New Honda Yellow', its Nasty!

Im thinking the Erion scheme is looking really good, Even for a grand more. If you figure in how much a custom paint job would cost and consider that repainting a bike Lowers the value regardless of how nice it is, the Erion Scheme might not be to bad of a plan eh?? (Just thinking out loud)

"It's like Dancing sitting down. Squeeze-tap-release-twist. Left hand-right foot-left hand-right hand"
~James Patterson

Kyle J.-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-01-2000, 04:13 PM
Ian

That sucks... I will take it with a grain of salt because everyone is different, but I wanted the black/yellow.... The website says that it's supposed to be the pearl yellow so I thought it would be the superhawk/VFR yellow. Dam that really sucks...

Well maybe I'll try the Blackbird after all?

Ian

'01 R1
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-02-2000, 10:42 AM

Send a message via AIM to RCjohn
Re: Yellow Is'nt yellow anymore....

Quote:
Originally posted by riverrunner_2000
Quote:

John, I LOVE yellow and black together. My 900 IS yellow and black, but you gotta see this 'New Honda Yellow', its Nasty!

Im thinking the Erion scheme is looking really good, Even for a grand more. If you figure in how much a custom paint job would cost and consider that repainting a bike Lowers the value regardless of how nice it is, the Erion Scheme might not be to bad of a plan eh?? (Just thinking out loud)
I have seen it. I was the one who started the original '01 929RR thread commenting on the new schemes. I like the new yellow better. Maybe it's not the shade of yellow as much as the amount of yellow on the new one.

BTW, If you buy the Poser Kurtis Roberts paint scheme you will be required to safety wire the bike. Some new DOT Poser law I think.

John

The sheep need love too but they lie.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-02-2000, 01:15 PM
Squidwannabe

lol!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode