2007 Cbr600rr - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-21-2006, 10:51 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to PPPope
2007 CBR600RR

HOLY SMOKES!!! From the looks of it, this is going to be one amazing machine! The white and grey is sweet. My first questions are about the actual size of the machine itself. They have shortened up the wheel base and dramatically reduced the size of the engine. I hope it's not going to feel like a pocket bike (I'm 6'3", so this would be a concern for me). Also, the tail light and rear turn signals are on the rear fender. It doesn't look like it will be possible to put on a fender-eliminator kit. We'll just have to wait and see I guess.

Anyone else?

Take a look...

"The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor."
-Vince Lombardi

Last edited by PPPope; 09-21-2006 at 04:37 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-21-2006, 11:00 AM
S370HSSV 0773H

Send a message via Yahoo to spicersh
Lighter weight, more hp and torque, steering damper....sounds sweet to me (though I couldn't use all of the performance my 2000 F4 was capable of).

Anymore the year to year improvements are so far beyond any normal person's ability to use that they are basically irrelevant. Useful only when comparing spec sheets. Pick the one that looks best.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all of fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomanical, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. - Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-21-2006, 11:50 AM

Send a message via AIM to RCjohn
There will be some sort of fender eliminator kit developed. The only real difference in the rear there is that the brake/tail light is also on the fender. Turn signals are no different. Someone will have an eliminator that hangs the stuff around the exhaust.

Really a nice bike though. It will seem very small for a 6'3" rider.

John

The sheep need love too but they lie.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-25-2006, 07:46 AM

Send a message via AIM to marvlover
Is it me or does this thing look like the 2006 R6
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2006_yzf_r6_rhf_colin_700p.jpg (69.1 KB, 222 views)
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-25-2006, 07:47 AM

Send a message via AIM to marvlover
the only difference I see is the tail pips position even the gas tanks look almost inerchangable

DOn't get me wrong though the bike is really hot

They bit the design from the pros
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-25-2006, 08:52 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to PPPope
I do agree. The 2007 CBR600RR's fairings do slightly resemble the GSXR's, too. I'll just have to see the Honda in person. I am really looking forward to seeing the new Kawasaki 636. I hope they don't give it the same treatment as the ZX10R got last year. Just my opinion.

"The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor."
-Vince Lombardi
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-25-2006, 02:41 PM

Send a message via AIM to RCjohn
You guys are scaring me. It looks like the R6 and the GSXR??? Could it be that they all look like sportbikes?

John

The sheep need love too but they lie.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 07:43 PM

I can't wait for them to come out. Not that I'll be getting one but just to see how they perform. At first I didn't like it to much but it has grown on me.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-16-2006, 10:11 PM

There's a striking similarity between r6's front ram air intake, and the 2007's 600RR, but when you look back, the RC51 also had it, so Honda claims to have borrowed the design from their previous superbike and current GP bikes.

All the package looks good, but it seems to be the only middleweight left without a slipper, lets add that too Honda!

As it stands, the GSXR600/750 is the complete package, adjustable pegs and seat, steering damper, slipper, and gear indicator for the handicapped. But the styling is typically gixxer-funky
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-17-2006, 09:55 PM

Send a message via AIM to eclipse13
I think it might be the best looking sportbike Ive ever seen. There is just something about it that looks damn near perfect.

-james
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode