CBR 929.. Does everyone's Shake?? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-19-2000, 06:21 AM Thread Starter

Angry

I took my CBR 929 into the "dealer" and they fixed the Fuel line recall issue. I asked them about the Excessive vibrations. They said this is normal.. So I took it to another
"So called deal". The person who answered the phone asked me if I had done anything to the Bike as far as after market.. "She" wanted to know if I am jeted it.. HELLO!!! It's fuel injection!!! Is Iowa a state that has RETARDS
for mechanincs and sales/tech people?!?!?
Anyway, is it NORMAL to ride a CRB 929 and not beable to see out of your mirror while going down the highway at 60MPH because the MOTOR vibrates the frame so much that the Vibrations travel up threw the frame and shake the mirror??? And for people who say take it to a deal..Like I stated I took it to
TWO local deals and a total of 3 people("who are suppose to know something about motorcycles/Sport Bikes")..

P.S. If you have a CRB 929 can you pleasse email me. I would like to find out if I am the only one with this Prob. Been dealing with prob for 4 Weeks now. Getting Tired.

Ride Hard and Long.

------------------
D-Star
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-19-2000, 06:45 AM
Pete

Whatever happened with the blue smoke problem? Have you caled Honda?

------------------
Pete
"Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul."
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-19-2000, 04:33 PM Thread Starter

Angry

I guess it's self-healing doesn't do it anymore. BUT GUESS WHAT I posted that last post at College.. And on the way home I decide hey My CBR 929 is running good lets do a wheely in second gear. No clutch popping onr any of that jazz. Just pure hammer down on the throttle. SO the front tire comes about 2 feet off the ground and I still have about 5000 Rpm's Left.. WHEN GUESS WHAT HAPPENS
Yah that right.. it pops into Neutral!! WTF%#$ is going on?? Front end comes crashing
down and my tact pegs out at about 12,500 RPM
CBR 929 Red lines at 12,000 or 12,500(I'm not going to go outside and look). So once again this Bike is really not making me feel good for BLOWING $10,000 DOLLARS..

So I called the "Dealer" again and yes they know me by name now. And this is what they said, "One we can't really do anything about it until you can recreate the problem." I replied ah I don't want to recreate it!!
Next time I could be shelling teeth off of my gears!! "So basically don't call you until it happeneds again?" Yeah just give us a call if it happenens again."
Is there anything I can do??
When I recieved the recall note for my fuel
line defect. It listed a number for a Honda Customer Compliant 1-310-532-9811.
Is it time to call this number and tell them all this..Or will it be the same old run around?

------------------
D-Star

[This message has been edited by Darkstar (edited October 19, 2000).]

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-20-2000, 11:58 AM

How much mileage do you have on your 929? A lot of people had problems with them popping out of gear at first, but this seems to have all but disappeared after a few thousand miles. By the way, along with the smoother shifting (and a lot fewer false neutrals), the 929 seems to gain around 5 rwhp as the motor loosens up, also after a few thousand miles. So don't get your panties in a knot just yet.

------------------
Rossco.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-20-2000, 01:26 PM Thread Starter

Smile

FINALLY Someone with a CRB 929!!! Hey Rossco
my bike has 3060 Miles on it. Does your 929
have engine vibrations? So much that it vibrates your Mirrors? It seem that the Vibration lessens when I am at 5,000 RPMs
HOWEVER if I increase or decrease my RPM's
the vibrations get worse. Please respond.

------------------
D-Star

[This message has been edited by Darkstar (edited October 20, 2000).]
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-20-2000, 02:41 PM

Well I do have a certain amount of vibration. It does sometimes completely fuzz out the mirrors under hard accleleration, but I ain't looking in the mirrors then. Has your mirror glass rattled loose? I had both my mirrors replaced under warranty, and my right one is getting replaced again. If your glass is loose, it might be why they fuzz ot so much. Just put your head beside them when your bike is idling, and you will hear if they are loose. if you don't hear any rattle at idle, blip the throttle a few times to see if they rattle at a little higher rpm. I gotta tell you, my tranny was really clunky at first, and I missed quite a few shifts, but then somewhere near 9000 kms, it went buttery smooth. I have 14000 kms on mine now, and the tranny has been perfect for the last 5000 kms. The other thing that helps for the shifting is if you adjust your shift lever down a bit (I lowered mine by about 1/2 inch). A bunch of us on the CBR929.net forum did this and we all found that it helped a lot in minimizing the "wussy shifting" that we all pretty much agreed was responsible for missed shifts and the tranny popping out of gear. it has been a long time since anybody on the CBR929.net forum has complained about the tranny popping out of gear, but in the spring it seemed like every other post was a complaint about that. Give it some time to work in, and it will be alright.

------------------
Rossco.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-20-2000, 11:55 PM Thread Starter

THANK YOU for the post. Rossco. Makes me feel
alittle bit better. How ever, so why would honda design a bike that shakes so badly that
it rattles the glass off of your Mirrors..
Honda is usually know for smooth running yet
running hard. At least they got one quality
in this Model. The hard part.. :P
Well again thanks for the INFO...
P.S. I also noticed that the shift was factorty set alittle high up from your foot.

------------------
D-Star
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-23-2000, 03:04 AM
Pete

Quote:
Originally posted by Darkstar
How ever, so why would honda design a bike that shakes so badly that
it rattles the glass off of your Mirrors..
Honda is usually know for smooth running yet
running hard.

------------------
D-Star
They got tired of hearing so many people saying "Hondas are so reliable and smooth that they're boring", I guess.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-23-2000, 05:42 AM

Send a message via AIM to RCjohn
Darkstar, I'm with Rossco on not sweating it yet. I don't own a 929 but the RC has some similarities. It has popped out of second and into neutral under hard accelleration also. It is probably not a design problem but an adjustment thing like Rossco mentioned. Lower the lever and the shift should be more stable. This mirror vibration has been brought up by the journalist also. Unusual for Honda but not unusual. Like stated, it is just not that usual Honda smoothness. I probably don't have to tell you that the RC mirrors vibrate too.

John

The sheep need love too but they lie.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-23-2000, 05:51 AM
Lifetime Premium

I found that the purchase of an R1 solved all my Honda problems.

Fairing repair / Plastic Welding / Gas Tank Repair / Fabrication and Customization
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or s3sportbikes.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode