F4 Horse Power - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-15-2000, 06:15 PM Thread Starter

Cool

I just had my F4 Dyno'd at 95 Horses at the rear wheel, Anyone else have thiers done yet? What was it and also anyone know what percentage of Horse Power is lost? Anyways I have to give credit to Cycle Dynamics Here is Phoenix, I'll never let anothe dealer tune my CBR again!!

Chris N AZ

------------------
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-16-2000, 03:28 AM
Moderator - Honda Forum

Wink

no i put it off all summer and now i probley won't get it done.

a friend of mine got his done with a full hindle exhaust and jetted, a couple weeks ago and he had a whole 84 ponies!!!

he raced the bike this summer and it was alot higher in may of last year i guarentee it.

sorry that's all i know

------------------
Nick
"You meet the nicest people on Hondas"
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-28-2000, 09:57 AM

Talking

I had mine dyno'd completely stock with 800 miles on it at: 98.2 at the wheel. Then when I added some mods (15 front) and (C-2 two bro's slip-on) I honestly registerd at 106.8 at the wheel.....Crazy--00'F4

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-30-2000, 03:30 AM

Send a message via AIM to CBR_Brutha Send a message via Yahoo to CBR_Brutha
Wink

Quote:
Originally posted by slowf4
Then when I added some mods (15 front)...
Congratulations. You have the only performance-adding sprocket on this site. Where'd ya' get it? I'd like to get one for my '01 F4i when I pick it up.

Oh yeah and, as far as I know, that amount of power isn't possible out of an F4 with just a slip-on and a super sprocket. Call the guy who owns the dyno and ask him when was the last time it was checked for spec. If he asks what spec is...just laugh at him, hang up, and start calling for other dynos in the area.

My $.02

P.S. I once was fooled into thinking my F4 had that much power because of the stuff I did to it (Pipe/jetted/filter/synthetic turn signal fluid ), but it turned out that the guy hadn't maintained his dyno and it was SO out of spec it wasn't even funny. Gave me some WAY funky numbers.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
instructor
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-30-2000, 05:09 AM

I was very skeptical also with the numbers of the dyno. I did schedule a second appointment for another dyno run and the outcome was 106.1 hp. I do have to agree the 15 front will not increase any hp, but on the other hand the slip will. I don't know if you have seen two brothers website which is twobros.com they dyno'd a 2000 zx6r with a flange on pipe and stock jets at 13000 tested at 106.1. At 13000 rpm the stock hp with stock jets dyno'd at 98.9 at the wheel. So sorry to burst your bubble but these hp gains are possible.
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-30-2000, 05:17 AM

Send a message via AIM to CBR_Brutha Send a message via Yahoo to CBR_Brutha
Bro, my first post was all in jest. No bubble burstin' goin' on 'round here. I'm still skeptical on the numbers though. You should post the results of the dyno run in the "Daily Rider" forum and see what some of the rest of the ppl. on the site have to say. They'll be more knowledgeable than I am. Give it a try and see what you find out. Later bro, ride safe...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
instructor
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-30-2000, 06:37 AM
Pete

Cool

Quote:
Originally posted by CBR Brutha
Gave me some WAY funky numbers. [/B]
"Way funky" is right...

[i]Stock- 97.4bhp 44.6lb.ft

Modified- 113.8bhp 49.1lb.ft
[i]

post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-30-2000, 07:39 AM
Squid

Send a message via AIM to jk6672
I had mine stock dynoed at 135 and after full exhaust, jetted, air filter, unsprung wieght, and synthetic blinker fluid incerted in both front and rear lights along with liqiud filled headlights to prevent shake I had a beleivable 189rwhp I almost forget that can of whoop ass sticker, good for another 10 off the dyno

John
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-30-2000, 07:46 AM

Don't forget to drill "speed holes" in the fairing. Good for 7-8 rwhp. No lie.
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-30-2000, 07:51 AM
Squidwannabe

Quote:
Originally posted by jk6672
I had mine stock dynoed at 135 and after full exhaust, jetted, air filter, unsprung wieght, and synthetic blinker fluid incerted in both front and rear lights along with liqiud filled headlights to prevent shake I had a beleivable 189rwhp I almost forget that can of whoop ass sticker, good for another 10 off the dyno
John,
What kinda muffler bearings you got in er ??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode