XX fuel injection remap - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-09-2000, 06:20 AM Thread Starter

Have a 99 blackbird with 2 brothers 4to1 pipe and 1 tooth smaller front sprocket. Fuel injection on the bike is flawless but wondering how much remapping it would do to performance. Bike seems to be pretty close to a busa up to top end, but not to concerned with top end anyway. Hate to spend the bucks if it doesnt make a noticable difference. Thanks for any help.

------------------
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-19-2000, 02:55 PM

i just put a 4into i tbr on my xx they told me the fi will reset its self, i'm planning on getting a power commander, i doent know when i ordered one but there on back order,my friend is a mechanic for a bike shop he says there worth the money, i hope so it cost me 300 bucks!

------------------
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-20-2000, 03:03 PM Thread Starter

Hey dave, appreciate the info. I like the sound of the tbr pipe, but noticed on mine the front spring vibrates between around 3000 to 4000 rpm then fades out. Thought something in the motor was rattling till i figured it out. Probably get the power commander also, gotta a busa buddy that needs some competition. Later.

------------------

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-03-2000, 05:27 PM
Honda Moderator

whomever told you the Fi would reset itself is full of $hit.

The power commander is worth it's weight in gold!

& I have ridden the XX & the Highwayabuser & you will never ever convince me that your blackbird will keep pace with a 9.5 second Suzuki....

I see stock 900RRs roast blackbirds all the time & that 1 tooth you went down on the front took about 20 mph off your top speed in exchange for accleration.

------------------
www.rc51.org
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-04-2000, 01:02 PM

does the blackbird have o2 sensors? If it did then it could change the mapping to compensate for the exhaust automatically. Otherwise the power commander is needed.

------------------
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-05-2000, 01:07 PM Thread Starter

Well lord duckhunter has obviously mistaken me for someone that really gives a $hit what his opinion his. I didnt say my bird would outrun a busa, nor do i really give a crap if he has seen a 900 beat a blackbird, Ive run em, hasnt happened. A smaller front sprocket reduces top end? What a genius.

------------------
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-07-2000, 07:01 AM
Honda Moderator

I made no mistake I made you out to be the poser you are... You are a liar & a wanna-be nothing more.

I have forgotten more about motorcycling than you will ever retain in your miserable excuse for an existance...

You are lame & your slow ass bike makes your pathetic attempt at dragracing an embarassment to all of us real motorcyclists.

you couldn't keep pace with a Hayabusa unless it was dragging you down the track with a chain.

------------------
www.rc51.org
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-26-2000, 05:26 PM Thread Starter

Runnin your mouth like that Wheeler is a big mistake.

------------------
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-28-2000, 02:59 AM
Pete

Angry

Gonna shut this one down before it gets even more out of hand. Can't believe we didn't notice this little childish spat before now.

------------------
Pete
"The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of
age, gender, religion, economic status or ethnic background, is that, deep down inside, we ALL believe that we are above average drivers."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode