Real bikes bleed GREEN!!!!!!!!!! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-25-2000, 08:45 PM
Pete

In real life, besides the weight factor, the VFR's regulator/rectifier's death is almost inevitable somewhere around the 16K mile mark. It's mounted where it has to endure intolerable heat. There are several remedies such as relocating it, or using a heat sink and a Pentium fan for keeping it cool. A lot of people don't like the linked braking system of the 98-00 models, me included. Other small gripes are limited paint color options, and the lack of an OEM luggage option (for the sport-touring type folks). As for comparing it to other sportbikes, ever see Freddie Spencer on his 800 on the track?

Rumor has it that a new litre-class VFR is in the works. I hope Honda ditches the linked brakes and adds a trunk like the CBR900/929.

------------------
Pete
"Ultimately, most problems can be solved by applying a large brick to the correct skull. Difficulties arise when you don't have a brick or can't find the the right skull. The Devil is always in the details."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-26-2000, 05:40 AM

If I offended any Honda owners out there, too f*uckin' bad.........Kawi's rule!!!!

Ok, now that I've gotten that out, I have a question. I've never heard anything bad about the VFR. Unfortunately, I have not yet had the pleasure of riding one (however, I have sat on them). Anyways, I've noticed that the VFR is a little on the heavy side, and I was just wondering how well they handle in comparison to more race-oriented sportbikes?

Thanks.

------------------
Hey officer, wanna race????
post #3 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-26-2000, 05:58 AM

------------------
Ride Fast - Take Chances

post #4 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-26-2000, 06:03 AM

Send a message via AIM to RCjohn
You haven't heard anything bad because there isn't anything bad to hear. Actually they are a little on the heavy side and have 600 type horsepower.

They are very smooth and quite easy to ride. In the right hands(mine NOT included) they will smoke 90% of the Kawi posers out there. Get over it, those ugly green pieces of shit are used up like their hero Russell .

------------------
John

"If Harley made an airplane... would you fly in it?"
post #5 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-26-2000, 06:12 AM
Moderator - Honda Forum

Exclamation

OK,

you are driving a ZX7R and call a VFR overweight?!?!

have you compared your bike to anything else in the 750 class lately? for that matter have you compared it to anything in any class lately?

don't get me wrong i love the look of the ZX7's but you shouldn't call oranges sour when your eating a grapefruit!!!

------------------
Nick
"You meet the nicest people on Hondas"
post #6 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-26-2000, 06:21 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MEHLMAN:
you are driving a ZX7R and call a VFR overweight?!?!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey!!!! Don't disrespect the green machine just 'cause it's a little (OK, a lot) overweight.

Geeze....you try to get a simple answer out of a simple question, and everyone jumps on you because you said Honda's suck!

------------------
Hey officer, wanna race????
post #7 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-26-2000, 10:22 AM

Send a message via AIM to RCjohn
Splitfire,

You brought up the overweight thing... not the Honda owners.

Also, if you think you can come on this forum and say Hondas suck and not get blasted then you sadly mistaken. If you were joking then I suggest you learn how to use the nice selection of smilies, otherwise stand the f&^k by. There is a reason that the Honda forum has over twice as many post as any of the other manufacturers.

We all tease each other about the different makes but we do it in jest because they are all good bikes.

------------------
John

"If Harley made an airplane... would you fly in it?"
post #8 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-26-2000, 10:54 AM

Wink

"Real bikes bleed GREEN!!!!!!!!!!" ?????

Well Hondas don't bleed at all!

Did your junk Kawi. blow another radiator hoseor something??

------------------
Kyle J.-
email:[email protected]

"Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has many -- not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some."
-- Charles Dickens
post #9 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-26-2000, 11:29 AM

I'm a kawi lover myself, but I gotta agree with RCJohn on this one. I would never come into the Honda (or any other forum) and say that...even in jest. These forums were created for the discussion of their respective bikes not for the cross slamming of them.

I would suggest you temper your enthusiasm for Kawi's to the Kawi forum (as I do).

oh and yeah I think you're comparing apples and oranges too

Will

------------------
Will Darton
Sportbikeworld Co-Admin
http://azsportbike.net
99ZX-6e
post #10 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-26-2000, 02:11 PM

I'm pretty new here and I plan on getting a Honda fairly soon but I think it was pretty obvious the guy was joking. Lets lighten up and at least give him the benefit of the doubt.

------------------
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode