Performance enhancements for f2's - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-19-2000, 06:15 AM Thread Starter

Just wondering what some of you f2 riders have done to squeeze alittle more performance out of your bikes?
Put a race only Yoshi slip-on on it this spring and I'm wondering if I need to rejet?
There is alittle more midrange pull, but now when I do low rpm shifts (not often) it seems to cut out alittle when I'm not on the throttle.
As soon as I get on it, everything is there.
No big deal, but I'm wondering if not rejetting will hurt anything.
I'm from Minnesota and more of a 2-stroke snowmobile junky with limited knowledge of 4-strokers.
Thanks in advance.

------------------
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-19-2000, 07:35 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to FZR400Tony
yes, try a factory configuration 1. my f2 was a lot better after jetting. much bigger gain than a pipe and a powerpak were. i personally don't recommend a k&n, but lots of other people do. it's debatable. but $65 for a maybe it will, maybe it won't, no thanks.

i also found that sintered brake pad were a big help.

f2's also work well some rear-ride height, mine was up about 1/2" with a fox shock.

------------------
Tony

the views and opinions expressed by tony (cbrf2boy) are the ramblings of a total idiot. sbw.com, it's administrators, moderators, and members don't necessarily agree with and are not responsible for anything this idiot has to say.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-19-2000, 07:37 PM

You deffinitly need to re-jet, your bike is running to rich, you need to lean it out a bit. More power? Get your head milled, ported and polished. then worry about jetting. Get a DYNO run.
Good Luck.

------------------

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-31-2000, 01:59 PM

Wink

I have to disagree with our bud from Canada. When you install a free flowing exhaust, you normally should jet the bike to pass more fuel to take advantage of the increased air flow. A K&N filter will let more air in, and the exhaust will let it come out. Without rejetting, the gains will be less....and I mean jetting up, not down, as suggested by our Canadian friend. Normally, a free flowing exhaust has some unwanted affects on low rpm torque, such as the symptom you described above....my F2 does it at light cruising speeds...Mine has a K&N filter, a Vance & Hines full exhaust (SR2 I think...4?) and a jet kit. I bought the bike that way, so I don't know how exactly it was affected-runs good though!
Try a jet kit and filter, and you should be satisfied. Take care and have FUN!

------------------
Thomas

To ride or not to ride? What a stupid question!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode