fatality - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-21-2000, 11:55 AM Thread Starter
neo

Folks,

I just caught a news report of a fatal accident involving a F4. It occured last night in Washington, DC. Apparently, the orange/black F4 ran a stop sign and slammed into a SUV. They said this is the 4th fatality in the District in recent months. Law enforcement is on the look out for sportbikes in the Washington Metropolitan area (DC, MD, and Northern VA) ... especially in MD, where they're utilizing the aid of helicopters and Beemer bikes.

Be safe! Talk to you guys later. I'm going riding.

--Neo

------------------
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-22-2000, 09:58 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to FZR400Tony
i've seen more stupid things this past week in baltimore involving sportbikes than i've seen in some time. i can see why cops are targeting them. you have to use some common sense. i know there's not a lot of places to ride, but summit point is still better than 695 and 495.

sorry, but it only takes one bad apple....

a lot of guys have been going down here too, but the police haven't been bad.

------------------
Tony

the views and opinions expressed by tony (cbrf2boy) are the ramblings of a total idiot. sbw.com, it's administrators, moderators, and members don't necessarily agree with and are not responsible for anything this idiot has to say.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-24-2000, 02:59 AM

I was coming back from Summit Point last night when two bikes flew by at what must have been 150mph. It was on 695 just outside of Balt/DC. I almost changed lanes right in front of them. They were damn close to being to rotten dead apples!
And Summit was definitel better than 695!

------------------
Ride Fast - Take Chances

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-24-2000, 07:19 AM Thread Starter
neo

Thumbs up

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cbr600f4gd:
I was coming back from Summit Point last night when two bikes flew by at what must have been 150mph. It was on 695 just outside of Balt/DC. I almost changed lanes right in front of them. They were damn close to being to rotten dead apples!
And Summit was definitel better than 695!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey, cbr600f4gd,

Were you at the NESBA event? I was at Summit Point this past Sat. for the intro. rider event at the Jefferson Circuit. First time on a race track. It was an excellent introduction to the world of riding on the tracks! I loved it! I plan on joining NESBA and will try to go to every track event I can; I think the next one is at Pocono (Formula USA) in August? I think it's in PA. Are you familiar with it? Do you know how long it would take to get there from Northern Virginia? Jefferson was fun; 1.1 mile course. Not too difficult to remember the turns. Great intro. track. I'm hooked! I don't know if I can go back to riding the streets Maybe except for 211!

--Tai

------------------
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-24-2000, 07:30 AM

Send a message via AIM to arif CBRF4
Geoff,

i was at Summit Point with Tai for nesba's track weekend. we were there on saturday.
if you were there, what level were you riding at? did you ride the F4? i must have definitely seen you. if i had known that you would be there i would have definitely come by to say hi. that would have been cool

was chris there as well?

since i did not have a bike, i was corner working on Turn 3. atleast go to see the action up front

Tai, i got your email and will reply soon. but yup lets think about the Pocono track in August. but first i need to go buy a bike

-----------
arif
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-24-2000, 07:38 AM

ah, right in my own backyard......
There are too many guys out here on big bore bikes who fly up and down 95 and 695 all day on Saturday and Sunday in packs of 6-20 (seriously thre are that many)weaving in and out of traffic at speeds of 110+. I hate to be biased, but a lot of them are from the city, and all they know how to do is twist the throttle. Get them on a country road and it's a whole different ball game.
It gives all the (relatively)responsible sportbikers a bad name in this area, so now we all have to watch our backs to avoid being unfairly targeted. I ride fast, but I don't ride stupid, and I avoid the rough-rider mentality alltogether. It pisses me off when I come to work to hear another story about how close someone came to being hit, cut-off or run off the road by bikers going too fast and playing lane pinball.

------------------
j.--
"get on the good foot-heh, good god"
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-24-2000, 08:43 PM

Tony - Nesba has a two day event at VIR on the North course scheduled for Sept 30 and Oct 1. If your feeling well you should think about making the trek. That course flat out rocks. $140/day.

------------------
Ride Fast - Take Chances
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-24-2000, 08:55 PM

geoff, i'd love to go, but i don't think i'll get anytime in this year. i'm aiming at the last lrrs race of the year, but only two sprints (to keep from getting too tired). 16 laps seems like nothing doesn't it (and it'll be about $135 or so with gate fees and race fees)?

i almost put my 400 up for sale today. but the doctor upped my steroids, so i'm going to try to let them work before i sell it. it just kills me to see it.

------------------
Tony

the views and opinions expressed by tony (cbrf2boy) are the ramblings of a total idiot. sbw.com, it's administrators, moderators, and members don't necessarily agree with and are not responsible for anything this idiot has to say.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-25-2000, 02:40 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by arif CBRF4:
Tai, i got your email and will reply soon. but yup lets think about the Pocono track in August. but first i need to go buy a bike

-----------
arif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

arif,

if you go to pocono, let me know, i may take a ride up there. my buddy is good friends with a guy that does nesba days.

------------------
Tony

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-25-2000, 05:30 AM

Hey guys - I was at Summit on Sunday. I was running the F4 in the advanced session. I will be at Pocono on the 19th for the 2.5 mile FUSA track. Should be some serious high speed fun! I am glad that you guys made it out. The intro class is probably a little slow and frustrating but it gets much better torwards the end of the day. I hope to see you guys at Pocono. I'll have the red/black F4 wearing #89 and crashed bodywork. You guys HAVE to mention that I refered you to NESBA. Tell Fred Eberly that Geoff wannts some free track time for all of the exposure he has given NESBA on this site! I look forward to meeting you guys at Pocono. Arif - Buy an R6 - the Hondas a great road bike but once you get into the track scene you'll wish you had had an R6. I'm waiting for the new GSXR600 next year - till then I'll ride Red! I'm stoked that you guys are getting on board w/ NESBA. It's a great club.

------------------
Ride Fast - Take Chances
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode