Sport-Touring tires on a 900RR - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-21-2000, 12:42 AM Thread Starter

Question

I just put on D207ZRs on my RR and they're really great. BUT, I'm sure that they will wear out PDQ which brings up my question. I was just reading about a tire that Continental is coming out with that sounds like a really good sport/touring tire. (its called a ContiForce I think) They imply that it will perform beyond my skills and hopefully last awhile.
Since I do A LOT of commuting (like 90%)with my bike and not enough real canyon carving, what do you guys/ gals think of putting such a tire on a sport bike?

------------------
Kyle J.-
email:[email protected]

"Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has many -- not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some."
-- Charles Dickens
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-21-2000, 04:09 AM

Send a message via AIM to RCjohn
Good idea if it really is what they say IMO.

------------------
John

"If Harley made an airplane... would you fly in it?"
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-21-2000, 12:45 PM

Hey riverrunner_2000, My 929 came with Bridgestone BT010's, when I bought it I didn't want that rubber touching my sled, but after using the BT for over 3500 miles I am more then pleased with them. They have great grip on dry or wet pavement, they stick well in the twisties and after 3500 they aren't showing much were. I do a lot of commuting myself, but every weekend I hit the local twisties and whenever I can I go to rte 211 and skyline which are the closest thing we have in VA to canyon riding. I am really happy with the BT's. Just my 2cents

------------------
Tony
00 CBR 929rr
95 Camaro Z28

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-21-2000, 12:54 PM

I would like to know how the 929RR is for sport touring? My next purchase could be a 929RR, if it's a pretty good sport touring bike. I like to travel, fast, for long distances and I would like a comfortable bike that likes to cruise in the triple digits for long periods of time.

------------------
Todd Hoffmaster
'00 Katana 600
38 speeding tickets and still counting
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-21-2000, 01:40 PM

His_Suzuki, the 929 is a pretty comfy bike. WHenever we ride on the weekends I put at least 100 miles on her no problems on the butt. The most miles I've put on at one time is 250 miles, a little sore after that but not a huge deal. Gotta tell you if you plan to do more miles you might want to investigate the ZX9r, I hear that sled is really comfy. ANYWAY I LOVE MY 929!!!

------------------
Tony
00 CBR 929rr
95 Camaro Z28
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-21-2000, 05:30 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up

RRonin, I was under the impression that the BT010 was a full sport tire like the 207. As a matter of fact, it was my second choice but the price was higher than the 207. It sounds like you and I ride about the same ( alot of commute and weekend canyons). If you're telling me you're happy with the performance in the canyons and you are getting that kind of mileage, Im sold! Thanks a bunch for the input.

My 207s are already showing wear after only 600 miles -Great grip, short life.

------------------
Kyle J.-
email:[email protected]

"Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has many -- not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some."
-- Charles Dickens
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-22-2000, 09:16 AM

riverrunner_2000, glad to be of assistance. Like I said really happy with the BTs.

------------------
Tony
00 CBR 929rr
95 Camaro Z28
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-22-2000, 10:51 AM

Talking

You might want to try 205s. I have them on my F3, and I have put 1500 miles on them and they are really holding up nice.

------------------
Rub those pegs raw!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode