F4 rear eliminator kit? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-13-2000, 03:44 AM Thread Starter
neo

Question

Folks,

Does anyone know of a rear eliminator kit for the F4? If so, how much and where can I get one?

Thanks!

--Tai

------------------
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-13-2000, 03:13 PM

Send a message via AIM to arif CBRF4
Thumbs up

Tai,
LP makes an elimiator kit but it costs around $100 or so. most people who have used it have said that it really is not worth the money and you can get a close enough look by just sawing the back-end off!

you remember my fender on the F4, dont you? if you want i can help you remove it. hopefully, you wont fail inspection just as long as you dont take it to Colemans!!

let me know dude!

-----------
arif
'99 F4 (stolen)
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-14-2000, 01:58 AM Thread Starter
neo

Cool

Arif,

The reason I didn't consider your route was because you had mentioned that it had failed inspection, etc., due to the loss of the light over the license plate. Do you think the light can be salvaged? Also, tucking in the rear turn signals as you've done, looks like something I want to do eventually. BTW, how's the bike situation? I was just thinking, you won't have a choice of a new red/black F4 here in the States if you're planning to get a Y2K. Hope you can get a bike soon for 211! BTW, I received a confirmation e-mail from NESBA concerning track time! I am set for 7/22 at the Jefferson Circuit. Thanks for your lead. This should be interesting.

--Tai

------------------

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-14-2000, 08:51 PM

Tai, check out this site http://darius.pce.net/sihyer/929/. He has speed a step by step way to get rid of the fender of a 929, should be the same for the F4.
Go to the site, scroll down the right hand side and find Modifications and you'll see the tip for fender reduction.
My buddy did this to his 929 and it looks really good.
One thing to remember if you do this is that you will have to add reflector bolts to the bottom of your liscence plate. I was going to do this when I had my F4 and the inspector guy told me that if I do I will need the reflective bolts and the light for the liscence.
Hope this helps.

------------------
00 CBR 929rr
95 Camaro Z28
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-16-2000, 12:31 AM Thread Starter
neo

Thumbs up

Thanks for the tip, RRonin. When you say reflector bolt, do you mean those "red" round reflectors to hold the plates?

--Tai

p.s. BTW, RRonin, concerning the bike rides this weekend... I haven't heard from the guy so it looks like a no go, and joining you guys for the Clifton trek sure sounds fun, but unfortunately, I won't be able to today. I'll have to get a rain check. I'll give you a call should we go out this coming weekend. They usually go out on Sundays, but I've gone on Sat. rides (on local routes) as well.

Have fun and safe ride!

--Tai

------------------
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-18-2000, 12:23 PM

Yeah Tai, thats what I'm talking about. I think they cost like 50 cents, no bid deal, another thing is you only have to have them on when you go in for your inspection.

------------------
00 CBR 929rr
95 Camaro Z28
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode