2001 929RR colors?? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-11-2000, 04:01 AM Thread Starter

Question

It's a little early for this, but does anyone have any ideas on new colors for 2001 on the 929RR? I'm sure Honda will have a new scheme. I can't wait to get one in the spring, but I'm sick of seeing yel/blk and red/wht.

------------------
2000 CBR600F4 -Yellow
All Tricked Out
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-11-2000, 06:44 PM

According to several dealers and Honda Corporate suits I've spoken to, the 929 will probably remain unchanged for 2001. If you can get a hold of a European website, you can see the colors the Limies and Frogs get to choose from. They have three schemes that are totally cool.

Honda is currently redirecting it's R&D efforts to the heavy middleweight (read 750+) division. They feel they have the liter category rapped up with the 929, the RC51 and the XX. The boys in Japan have decided to go after the ZX7, the Duc 748 and the Gixxer 750. One of the plans on the drawing board is to scale down the SuperHawk to around an 800cc version as an entry into the market.

Best guess for R&D on the 929 is maybe in 2002. I've got my spies out and my contacts in the corporate offices shoot me an email from time to time. I will keep y'all posted...

------------------
We don't know where we're going, but we're making good time!...STC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode