Eurobikes F4 Fender Eliminatior Kit and Hugger - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-14-2000, 04:51 PM Thread Starter

Does anyone have one or had any experiance with one? The setup looks trick, but I want to know if the lisence plate and turn signals are retained. Check it out: www.eurobikes.com

------------------
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-15-2000, 04:41 AM Thread Starter

^

------------------
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-18-2000, 02:33 PM Thread Starter

Anyone? This looks like a cool product, check it out. I would like to know if they are worth getting.

------------------

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-19-2000, 12:47 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to FZR400Tony
i've never saw one in person on an f4. i have seen (and help install one on an r1). they require lots of cutting of ugly black plastic, but turn out nice. in the r1, you lose trunk space, can't speak for the f4 (do they have a trunk yet?). clean product, easy install, rumor mill says they are taking a lot of time to deliever anymore (but i can't say that that's ture or false). two years ago delievery times weren't out of line.

------------------
Tony

00 GSX-R750-yellow & black
88 FZR400-krylon black
94 CBR600F2--sold

[This message has been edited by cbrf2boy (edited June 19, 2000).]
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-19-2000, 07:24 AM

Well what i have seen people do is, use flush mount turn signals, and scrap the orignal ones, then for the license plates move it to just infront of the rear tire, mounted to the bottom of the trunk, with an aluminum "L" braket,so it the plate is still visible from the rear(just not as visible),there is a company that makes mounting bolts with lights in them so you will have license plate lights, just a suggestion. Their are a few bikes in the springs done this way.

------------------

[This message has been edited by RocketRider600 (edited June 19, 2000).]
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-25-2000, 02:00 PM Thread Starter

Personally, I hate the look of the lisence plate behind the tire, it just looks tacky.

I think the Eurobikes fender eliminator doesn't have blinkers, so someone suggested that I make the brake light blink on either side with special internals?...is it legal to not have yellow blinkers...or no blinkers at all? Some harley guys don't, but I am unsure if they have to or not.

------------------
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-26-2000, 03:08 AM
Pete

Taner, the only thing I can add is that I have heard that Dussault (sp?) Eurotail is a better product. But, this was in reference to the R1 kit; I don't know if they make one for the F4. Sorry I don't have a link.

------------------
Pete
-Men are from earth. Women are from earth. Deal with it.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-26-2000, 06:32 AM

Thumbs up

I have the eurobikes stuff for my ZX-6R and it came out great. You have to do some cutting either way but it looks trick. I integrated my signals into the taillights using an integrator kit so no more turn signals. There's nothing in the law that says that signals have to be orange (in VA anyway). The rear hugger fender is pricey for $200 but I had to have it. Completely custom looks. Paint matched perfectly and fit right on in two minutes. Highly recommended!!

By the way, I don't know if they make it for the F4 yet or not, but eurobikes also makes the famous "eurotail". It's a complete tail section assembly with built in turn signals and enclosed underside and rear seat cowling that replaces your entire stock section. For my bike, it runs about a grand. They don't have it pictured on their site so you might want to call and ask about it if you have money to burn.

------------------
"It's easier to get forgiveness than permission."
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-26-2000, 06:34 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to FZR400Tony
daussalt is a much nicer product, but you're s.o.l. on the f4.

you can get turn signal ideas from their site http://www.graphicartmotodesign.com/ because you can get their enclosures with signals.

good luck dude.

------------------
Tony

00 GSX-R750-yellow & black
88 FZR400-krylon black
94 CBR600F2--sold
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-27-2000, 03:37 AM Thread Starter

Where can i find a turn signal integrator kit?

I just found an Airtec anti-draft kit on www.lockhartphillipsusa.com and called them on pricing and availability. The saleswoman said they are still in production and no price yet. They look like the same thing as the eurobikes kit, so I hope they are cheaper.

Anyone know what it would cost to paint the Airtec? Or should I find some colormatched Honda or PJ1 paint to paint it? Are our bikes clearcoated?

------------------
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode