2005 cbr 1000 exhaust - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-17-2006, 04:50 PM Thread Starter

2005 cbr 1000 exhaust

i just got my 05 cbr 1000 repsol. what do you think of the yosh rs5 carbon?i also like the two brothers carbon. just wanted some input,stock sounds like crap
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 10:42 AM
Honda Moderator

Two Mothers is one of the crappiest exhausts made in the world...

Yoshi is a consistent, but only slightly above average exhaust pipe.

Get a premium exhaust like Sato or ARATA & you will have no regrets as there are no better brands readily available on the market...

Here is a page I wrote about exhausts choices. It is RC51 oriented, but the info rings true for the various brands mentioned http://www.rc51.org/exhaust.htm

& here is a page with a listing of serious mods I have tested for the 04-05 1000RR
http://www.rogueracing.org/1000rr.htm
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 10:46 AM

Send a message via AIM to mainerdr
look at the laser I think they look the best. They have a duel type exhaust system.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg laser exhaust for cbr.jpg (18.2 KB, 127 views)

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 11:03 AM
Honda Moderator

Yes if you want to be a poser all about looks instead of performance, build quality & customer service there is always the Laser
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Duckhunter
Yes if you want to be a poser all about looks instead of performance, build quality & customer service there is always the Laser
where did you get that info from?

1 Poser?
2 Performance? Have you seen any numbers?
3 Quality - I have seen it and the quality is as good as my Akro.
4 Customer service? WTF do you need customer service for on an exhaust? I guess no one should ever buy an akro system either since they do not have a us based customer service dept.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 11:16 AM
Honda Moderator

Yea customer service is never a concern until you need a replacement part from a crash or break a spring etc... Then getting spare parts is like pulling teeth.

Dan Kyle stands behind his Sato products 100% and handles any issues with haste plus he stocks spare parts for everything he sells (clip-ons, rearsets, exhausts) & if he doesn't have the spare part in inventory he will bust open a brand new box to get you what you need. I don't know of any other dealer that does that & just try getting a replacement mid-pipe or cannister for your Lazer or Akro & see how long it takes. I can have a replacement Sato cannister with nothing more than a phone call.

In addition he also supplies custom maps for all the exhausts he sells free of charge & he is a master tuner that truly knows the nuances of tuning each individual bike. His Sato maps are so good that if you ask around you will find that many owners of other brands of exhausts are using his Sato maps for Akra, Muzzy, yoshi etc instead of the maps designed for their exhaust...

Trust me I have been installing exhausts & doing carb/Fi work for 2 decades if you have never touched a premium exhaust like Sato, ARATA, Tsukigi, Hamaguchi etc & compared them to your crappy lazer then you are just like the rest of the ignorant folks out there that think their brand is hte best & making up baseless claims. Ask anyone that has owned both & they will tell you flat out there is no comparison in build quality & most of the Sato Slip-ons put out better performance numbers than other brands full systems!
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 11:25 AM

It's obvious that you know everythign about exhausts.

I guess I was wrong in thinking that Akro is a premium exhaust system.

BTW: - I don't make baseless claims I just state my opinion.

Do you really think that the difference between sato's performance and anyother exhaust will be noticed on the street by your average rider? I think not.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 11:31 AM
Honda Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by mainerdr

Do you really think that the difference between sato's performance and anyother exhaust will be noticed on the street by your average rider? I think not.

Performance wise, probably not by the average street rider as they have no business being on a liter bike to begin with...

Customer Service, Build Quality & Free Maps however make a world of difference.

In regards to the Akra exhaust specifically on the 1000RR I can assure you from dyno charts that it has a very strong topend hit of power, but the mid-range & low end suffer for it as horsepower is always a trade off somewhere in the rev range whether we are talking about tuned exhaust systems, cams or throttle bodies... You just cannot get good power everywhere in the rev range it has to be a give & take situation.

Now as a "street rider" how often do you really ride around at wide open throttle with the tach bouncing off the rev limiter to use all the peak performance? Not very damn often.... BUT you use the mid-range of the bikes power all the time in daily riding so doesn't it make more sense to buy an exhaust that accentuates the mid-range performance (like the Sato Slip-on) or a good compromise of mid-range & peak performance (like the Sato Full system) rather than just a good peak number (like the Akra)?
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-20-2006, 07:48 AM Thread Starter

thanks for the replies. what about d&d. i have only seen one for the 06 model though.
Jason
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 12:14 PM
Honda Moderator

read my exhaust article above it answers your question
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode