well, i'm joining up with Honda. - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 01:23 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to R1NightRiderKid
Thumbs up well, i'm joining up with Honda.

Well the R1 is getting pretty heavily modded at this point and isn't as much fun for the road as it ounce was, so i'm making a track only bike and buying an 06 CBR600RR in a couple weeks. i'm gonna go with the all black bike with red emblems.
I was originally going to go with a Honda before i got my R1, but with my dad being a Honda guy, and by brother a Suzuki guy, i just had to go with the Yamaha, but now that i've done my rebel thing, i've gotta go back to the best brand out there, Honda all the way.
it may not compare to the speed or power of my modded R1 but i've learned enough to know that as far as an all over bike goes the Honda has it.
The only think i'm not 100% on is going with the 600 or 1000 CBR. i figure i'll go with the 600RR because i have a track bike so all i really need is something thats real fast for the street and i don't even think you can really use a new 600 to its full potential on a the street.
So have any of you guys ever been on a 600cc bike and wished you were on a literbike before?

"I live life like its going out of style"
"Hey buddy heres a bullet for your brain, tell god where you got it"
"We kicked ass at the fair...we didn't win the blue ribbon...but we do have it in our possesion..."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-25-2006, 01:06 PM

Re: well, i'm joining up with Honda.

Quote:
Originally posted by R1NightRiderKid
So have any of you guys ever been on a 600cc bike and wished you were on a literbike before?
Yes... all the time, particularly riding on the street when lots of low end torque is needed. But then I remember all the concentration that is needed for a literbike. Then I figure I like not having to worry about making a mistake.

Usually people go the other route if they want to kept 2 bikes, 600 for track, and 1000 for the street. Despite how fast 600 has gotten, the power is still top end, and because of it's displacement, it needs to be revved, no low-end, not a good combination for the traffic, well at least not the ideal bike. Sv650 is lot more fun to ride in traffic. I would imagine Duc 748/749 or Triumph 675 would make a better street bike, for its engine drivability.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-28-2006, 05:42 AM
Honda Moderator

Re: Re: well, i'm joining up with Honda.

Quote:
Originally posted by Z_Fanatic Usually people go the other route if they want to kept 2 bikes, 600 for track, and 1000 for the street. [/B]
+1

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-07-2006, 01:58 PM

I have a friend with a 919 and a vfr 750 both of them were tellin me about the torque difference in the turns they have to be very careful...where as my 600 i downshift a couple gears and dive into corners and use the rpms to slow the bike and then wrap spin up when its time to go
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-07-2006, 04:19 PM

As any experienced rider will tell you; almost no one will ride a liter bike to it's full capability. I have seen 600cc bikes whoop the shit out of liter bikes on the track and in the twisties. It's all in the rider. Buy a bike that will suit your riding style. if you like to rail and throw the bike around, get a 600.

do to the fact that the liter bikes will slip the rear in the corners if you are not careful, it could lead to a costly mistake. 600s have made huge leaps and bounds in technology from times ago. and you couldn't go wrong with a gix.xer 750 unless you are stuck on hondas' The 750 is the best of both worlds.

Marriage comes with three rings, the engagement ring, the wedding ring and the suffering
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-08-2006, 07:12 AM

Send a message via AIM to RCjohn
Re: Re: Re: well, i'm joining up with Honda.

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Duckhunter
+1
+ 1 more

John

The sheep need love too but they lie.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode