600 miles - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-06-2006, 06:53 PM Thread Starter

600 miles

I put this in the Daily Riders thread without realizing this forum was here. If any of you could give me your opinions on it I would appreciate it.

http://sbw.sportbikes.com/showthread...threadid=57713

If you don't feel like clicking, I'll sum it up. I have 600 mile maintenance to do, will cost $220. Can't I do this stuff myself?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-07-2006, 07:20 AM
Honda Moderator

Yes you can do it all yourself. I used to work at several dealerships & I would NEVER let any of those idiots touch my bike for anything more than moving it around & even then one of them dropped my 1000RR the day I was picking it up which btw is the first new bike in 10 years that I didn't uncrate & prep myself...

If you want something done right you have to do it yourself especially when it comes to working with a dealership & their hired flunkies
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-07-2006, 07:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Duckhunter

If you want something done right you have to do it yourself especially when it comes to working with a dealership & their hired flunkies

LMFAO!!!

TMH213: Most people click on new posts so they see your question no matter where you post it. No need for double posting.

-M-

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-07-2006, 11:43 AM Thread Starter

alright good deal. Duck, what oil and oil filter do you recommend for an '06 CBR600RR? I heard about using non-synthetic oil for the first 1500 miles but unfortunately I don't know what my dealership put in when I bought the bike. Any suggestions? Thanks dude.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-07-2006, 11:54 AM
Honda Moderator

Very simple.

Always use the OEM oil filters. They have the proper by-pass flow rates & can be had cheap enough (I pay about $4 each for them & even full price at the dealer shold be no more than $10)

Use standard Honda GN4 until about 2000 miles then switch to a full synthetic if you want to. I usually wait til my dealership has an open house or something & offers them up for like $1.50 per quart & buy a case or two to keep on hand.

If/when you go to a full synthetic I have got to say that while I normally do not get involved in oil threads (I find them very closely related to politics & religion) I have been on the Repsol Oil band wagon lately because I have not found any FULL SYNTHETIC oil that works better! I've tested most of the current top brands & this stuff really works. You don't notice any more hp or anything like that, but the transmission & clutch action is sooo much smoother than anything else I have tried & it never slips even on my HRC kitted superbike motor.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-11-2006, 04:46 PM Thread Starter

awesome, thanks a lot, duck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode