My new exhaust *Video* - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-23-2006, 11:49 AM Thread Starter

My new exhaust *Video*

http://media.putfile.com/exhaust2245

finally got my two-brothers exhaust today and threw it on the bike. i put a before and after too. let me be the first to say it doesnt only LOOK 100x better it sounds so fucking sweet.

the video doesnt give it justice, this sounds so much deeper and aggressive than my old yoshimura.

2002 red/black CBR954RR
-black powder coated wheels,fenders, and pegs
-two brothers exhaust
-cbr grips
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-24-2006, 06:04 AM
Honda Moderator

Two bad it has half the build quality...

Congrats you just bought one of the crappiest exhausts on the market anywhere in the world
post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-24-2006, 02:55 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Duckhunter
Two bad it has half the build quality...

Congrats you just bought one of the crappiest exhausts on the market anywhere in the world

its a fuckin exhaust canister bud, when comparing "build quality" of a slip on can, its comparing apples to oranges. you go for sound and thats it, if you think your getting a better build can, your in for a shock

2002 red/black CBR954RR
-black powder coated wheels,fenders, and pegs
-two brothers exhaust
-cbr grips

Last edited by sykal; 03-24-2006 at 02:58 PM.

post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-27-2006, 05:21 AM
Honda Moderator

Actually you are the one in for a shock cause you are totally ignorant.... I do R&D work for several aftermarket manufactuers. A good quality slip-on designed for performance can yield very impressive numbers. Have you ever even touched a premium exhaust out of one of the Japanese factories or is all you experience just the domestic crap common here in the US?

Lots of crap ass manufacturers grab a cannister off the shelf, bend some tubing to make it fit the bike & charge a small fortune for it. Other companies actually take the time to design their exhaust (even SLIP-ON's) for maximum performance.

#1 Take the time to read my exhaust article page & you might actually learn something www.rc51.org/exhaust.htm

#2 Look at this dyno chart & tell me that slip-ons are for sound only

Do some more research & you will find that the Sato & Arata slip-ons produce almost as much peak hp as their full system counterparts, but also give more mid-range which is where street riders need the most gains anyway cause nobody here rides around at full throttle with the tach bouncing off the rev-limiter, but we all use the mid-range performance of our bike constantly in everyday use so peak performance means very little in the real scope of things.

Then you take into account the build quality, meticulous welds & incredible customer service that goes into these premium exhausts & you have part that is head & shoulders above ANYTHING made in the US or UK currently

Last edited by Lord Duckhunter; 03-27-2006 at 05:25 AM.
post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-27-2006, 07:09 AM

Send a message via AIM to RCjohn
LDH is correct on this one. There is definitely a difference in manufacturers in build quality alone much less performance difference.

Slip ons can certainly add performance.

Sad to say it but Two Brothers usually fall into the lower half on both instances. They don't have the build quality and don't have the performance gains for equally priced cans.

John

The sheep need love too but they lie.
post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-28-2006, 11:44 AM

Send a message via AIM to sodamninsane
slip on power gains are often accompanied by some form of fuel management, pc-iii, etc. You would presumably see more gains in bikes with a factory dual exhaust because you are taking away double the restriction on the motor vs. a bike with a single exhaust, but this isn't always the case either... At any rate... power gains do depend on build quality, but the majority of the power gain comes from fuel management.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2003 CBR 600RR
-- OES Frame And Swing Arm Sliders
-- Speedzilla Signal Mirrors
-- DIY F/E
-- DIY Carbon Fiber Block off plates (Front signals and mirrors)
-- Stomp Grip Tank pad
-- GPR Damper
-- SS Braided lines w/ super blue fluid
-- G-Craft rear ressy
post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-28-2006, 12:06 PM
Honda Moderator

Many Sato exhausts give more overall hp gains throughout the rev range even without a Powercommander than their competitors do with the aid of fuel management device.

Proper mapping only makes them that much better & while I do tell people all the time that the Powercommander is more important than any choice of exhaust when it comes to increasing the overall power delivery & throttle response making the bike more user friendly it also should be pointed out that many times a good quality exhaust will give you higher gains than a Powercommander with optimal mapping alone on a stock exhaust. I mean if you can get 3 more hp with a proper mapping, but 10 more with a slip-on exhaust (which is very close to accurate in most cases currently) then your claim that most of the power gains are from fueling is not accurate. Basically both the exhaust & Powercommander are designed to work together as a package deal.
post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-28-2006, 12:12 PM
Banned

Slap!

Daaaaaaamn!

-M-
post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-28-2006, 12:19 PM

Send a message via AIM to sodamninsane
I have yet to see a slip on ever give 10+ hp on a 600. ever. You're gonna have to pull out atleast 1 dyno chart on that one, otherwise your full of it... 1000, yes, maybe... but there ain't no way with just a slip on and nothing else your getting 10+ out a 600.

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Duckhunter
Many Sato exhausts give more overall hp gains throughout the rev range even without a Powercommander than their competitors do with the aid of fuel management device.

Proper mapping only makes them that much better & while I do tell people all the time that the Powercommander is more important than any choice of exhaust when it comes to increasing the overall power delivery & throttle response making the bike more user friendly it also should be pointed out that many times a good quality exhaust will give you higher gains than a Powercommander with optimal mapping alone on a stock exhaust. I mean if you can get 3 more hp with a proper mapping, but 10 more with a slip-on exhaust (which is very close to accurate in most cases currently) then your claim that most of the power gains are from fueling is not accurate. Basically both the exhaust & Powercommander are designed to work together as a package deal.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2003 CBR 600RR
-- OES Frame And Swing Arm Sliders
-- Speedzilla Signal Mirrors
-- DIY F/E
-- DIY Carbon Fiber Block off plates (Front signals and mirrors)
-- Stomp Grip Tank pad
-- GPR Damper
-- SS Braided lines w/ super blue fluid
-- G-Craft rear ressy
post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-28-2006, 12:22 PM
Banned

I'm thinking LDH was talking "around" 10 and with a liter bike.

Nice try though, keep digging, you might find something else you can't -read between the lines- and need explained.

-M-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode