Just wanna say hi - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-18-2005, 09:03 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via Yahoo to tyesco
Just wanna say hi

I've been reading the threads and this place seems like a pretty cool forum. I like the way some of the more experanced riders help out us new guys. I've never rode before until this past Friday on my 2003 CBR 600 F4i. It came with frame sliders, flush signal lights, trimmed rear fender, tinted wind shield and yoshimora exaust. Just taken it slow and easy. So far so good just putting around at a top speed of 30mph! Defenatly taking that safety course. Any advice you guys have is always apperciated. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-18-2005, 09:22 PM

Hi back at ya and welcome to SBW!

In God, we trust; all others must provide data.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 02:14 PM

Send a message via AIM to a-ron
Welcome to the two-wheeled world! Hope you like it as much as we do. Sounds like you're startin off well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 02:24 PM Thread Starter

thanks guys

I'm getting comfortable with the controls and my acceleration is ALOT smoother than my first day. I spend about half an hour after work riding then I gotta do other things. I still have trouble starting out from first though. I "think" I'm handling the clutch smoothly with enough throttle but sometimes it takes me 4,5,6 tries to get going. After that, I'm ok. Hey, is it normal to have you left hand cramp up from holding down on the clutch?
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 02:28 PM

Re: thanks guys

Quote:
Originally posted by tyesco
...Hey, is it normal to have you left hand cramp up from holding down on the clutch?
You'll get used to it and won't even feel it after a little while.

Don't dump the clutch when you feel it engaging. Just keep letting it out smoothly.

In God, we trust; all others must provide data.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 03:52 PM

Send a message via AIM to a-ron
Re: thanks guys

Quote:
Originally posted by tyesco
I'm getting comfortable with the controls and my acceleration is ALOT smoother than my first day. I spend about half an hour after work riding then I gotta do other things. I still have trouble starting out from first though. I "think" I'm handling the clutch smoothly with enough throttle but sometimes it takes me 4,5,6 tries to get going. After that, I'm ok. Hey, is it normal to have you left hand cramp up from holding down on the clutch?
Like he said, you'll get used to it. One of the first rides I went on after I got my bike, I was out with a friend for a whole night of riding, and my left forearm hurt so bad for a week afterwards that I didn't even ride for the week. I couldn't even squeeze the clutch!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-21-2005, 09:43 PM

Good deal.. and welcome.

How many miles and what did you pay?

Mike N
'99 CBR 600 F4 -

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-21-2005, 09:55 PM Thread Starter

lots and lots

ehhh, the bike had 13,999 which I know is alot for an 03'. But my buddy (and also my boss) is a mech on the side, and has been into bikes since he was a kid. He came with me to a dealership (that he recomended) and carried me through the steps. He gave the bike his ok (meaning he'd fix it if he was wrong). So far so good. The bike its self was 6900 after they came down from 7190. It has a lotta crap that works out great for newbies like me. But if you want to go cheaper the check out a private seller. At least that has been my experience with cars....I mean "cages"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode