Looking at a 02 954. Opinions? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-28-2005, 08:24 AM Thread Starter

Looking at a 02 954. Opinions?

I sold my 01 R1 yesterday and am looking at getting another used liter bike. I have narrowed it down to another Yama or a Honda.

I found a 02 954 very clean no marks 4100 miles black/silver. Full Hindle exhaust, PCIII custom map, scotts dampner, undertail and a couple other things. Asking price is 7600.00

What would be a good price for this? Or should I hold out for a newer R1 or 1000RR.

Also found a 02 RC51 stock with 2000 for 7800. Just haven't rode an RC-51 enough. But I do like the sound.

Last edited by LazerDave; 05-28-2005 at 08:27 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-28-2005, 01:40 PM

Cannot possibly judge the price of any used bike in the States as I live in Cdn., still I do own a Honda 929 & 954 & like them both.

Remember all the others on the road are crazy & out to kill you.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-28-2005, 02:16 PM Thread Starter

You sound like a Honda man. Have you ridden the R1? Any dislikes about your bikes? And in your opinion the difference between the 929 and 954. Thanks!

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-29-2005, 09:20 AM

I do not like the digital crap up on the dash, but most do for you see I am an old man so digital & I do not jive. My problem, but just two buttons to control two trip meters, MPH/KPH, chaning temp gauge to Celcius & such does bug be. THOUGH it is going to become more popular.

Both are the same. Both bikes are very similiar though the 954 has more torque, rider is positioned up front an inch or more, clip-ons down around an inch or more, a bit more visor on the fairing, brake pads are a bit larger & the rad is dramatically larger. Just a few points on the 954 Vs the 929. One draw-back on the 954 is that larger rad has to send the heat somewhere & it is to the underside of the upper parts of my two legs. Cannot possibly ride the 954 without questioning if said parts are not being slowly roasted. Still one should not be riding with just jeans.

A lot of rattle from the upper parts of the 929, but you soon get use to it. Some claim the saddle on both is a "plank" though I find them comfortable & remember when riding is there I ride basically every darn day of the week, bar Sunday where I put my time into running the h/gun range, & that is 5 to 8 hrs each run.

Not necessarily a Honda man & have had more Yamaha then Honda bikes. Have not riden the Yamaha R1 for it would mean bumming a bike from a shop or riding someone elses & in my mind riding someone elses bike is a bi3e NO NO.

If you do get a 929 or 954 then get a decent rotary steering head be it a Scotts or GPR & not some of the cheaper piston ones. Also frame savers & yes I ride the bikes with stock exhaust system & only other changes are changing front brake lines to Kevlar lines & that comes from past experience in road racing. I just like best set of anchors possible.

Remember all the others on the road are crazy & out to kill you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode