Sportbike World banner

Help With An F3 Problem

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  jroosterF4i 
#1 ·
Went for my usual Sunday afternoon ride today and just as I was getting back the front wheel strated chattering..a little farther and the front wheel started wobbling back and forth pretty bad. Made it back home and it looks like the right side of the axle is not centered in the hub. Also when I push the bike forward or backward there is a grinding noise.

Anyone know what this probably is? Broken axle? Bad bearing? Also, what's it going to cost me to get it fixed? Is a bad bearing or broken axle easy enough for me to fix on my own? I have done minor repairs in the past but nothing major like this.

BTW it's a '96 F3

#2 ·
Swag,

Hola from the 'Boro!

Sounds like a bearing to me, but I could be wrong. Hard to tell without actually looking at it. As far as pricing, you should give Sloan's a call. They usually have quite a bit of stuff in stock, and should have something like that available. If not they can have it within 3 business days. If it is a bearing, I hope you have a front stand or something soft to set the forks on while you're doing the work. Otherwise, it's gonna be a BEEEEOTCH.

Since I'm just down the road from ya if ya need a hand or wanna go riding sometime lemme know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.