1998 CBR 600F3 Help - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 04-08-2005, 11:42 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to CBR_rob Send a message via Yahoo to CBR_rob
1998 CBR 600F3 Help

Ok I have had an ongoing problem that I have been unable to track down. End of last summer I was out on a 150 mile ride then about 5 miles from my house my bike bogged down, electrical filckered then the bike died. It would not start on its own or even bump start. Next day I checked my electrical system and had my battery tested and it came back as being junk. Replaced the battery and rode it for the next 5 - 6 months. A week before all the rain started the bike bogged down and died on me. This time there was no electrical flicker and I was low on gas. I pushed the bike about a mile to a gas station (thinking I ran out of gas) filled it up and it started with no problem and ran perfect the rest of the day. Last week I took it out on Friday for some running around to show it some attention that its been missing and after about 30 miles of riding it bogged down and died like the previous time. This time I had about 3/4 of a tank so the amount of fuel in the tank was not the problem. I visually inspected what I could and after 20 mins of not being able to get ahold of anyone decided for the hell of it to try and start it. It fired up and once again ran perfectly back to my house. Today I had to ride it since my Acura is being retinted and it needs to go though emissions and they are right by my office, I figured it would be fine. On the way to work I got on it and ran it pretty good through the twisty road to work and in the last corner it bogged down and died once again. This time though it will not start back up and I had to leave it at work once my shift was done. Now most of my motorcycle mechanical experiance has been on a dirt bike so I am now not sure of what to look at. I have been thinking its the fuel pump but a mechanic fried of my pops is telling me that the stator could be jacked up. I used an ohm meter and checked the stator accoriding to the Cylmber manual and those numbers look good. Anyone know how I would test the fuel pump or have any other ideas on my problem? Also thinkin back it has always stalled out shortly after I have gotten on the throttle and hot rodded it a bit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode