f4i performance upgrades? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-07-2005, 07:32 AM Thread Starter

f4i performance upgrades?

just picked up an 01 f4i and want to know what kind of performance upgrades i can make. this is my first street bike but i usually ride dirtbikes and atvs. anyways what type of upgrades are there on the market? gearing, exhaust, headers, engine mods? some offering me a two brother exhaust for $50. any major differences with the exhausts out on market? there all straight through right? give me a list of what mods to make first and a rough price. thxs

01 F4i
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-07-2005, 10:28 AM

best mod u can do is learn how to ride it..

trackdays, yada yada yada..

04' Gsxr 1k

Show or go?
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-07-2005, 12:35 PM

docta is 100% correct & the $50.00 "--exhaust--" sounds like the can itself. Will sound louder & more powerful with a gain of possibly 1-2 hp though you will probably have to make a change in the four carbs.

Now a full system from the exhuaust ports to the rear could give you 5 or 7hp gain though costly.

I have an older '97 Yamaha YZF600r & have not changed the bike bar Kevlar r/brake lines & that is all the bike might need due to me be so fussy over stopping power.

Remember a sportbike is actually a replica or a road racer only street legal.
For it is not a regular road bike that needs such mods to make it closer to a sportbike. There is not to much that can be done other then dramatic changes in the suspension front & rear being very costly & will take quite a while. Still where will you be riding in that you will need the extra power & handeling of the present bike since you are still learning?

Remember all the others on the road are crazy & out to kill you.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-29-2005, 04:59 PM

Erion pipe and power commander. I have the same bike, 01'F41 and these mods give you a little more power and a lot more loudness, important for safety. Also gel grips will held with hand comfort.:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode