Cbr - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-02-2005, 04:39 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to ChiknHawk Send a message via Yahoo to ChiknHawk
Cbr

I like the 600rr but, I need to keep up with 2 Hayabusas and a Kaw1100. Can i do it or would I be better on a CBR1000? A little insite would be appreciated.

ChiknHawk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-02-2005, 05:41 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to marine2651
IMHO...you are already asking for disaster. "Keeping up" often times = riding beyond your limits. Ride your own ride no matter what bike you choose. Keep em in the twisties and you will never have a problem keeping em in sight, or if you are real good they may be able to keep you in sight.

Try everything twice, you may have been to nervous or scared to have enjoyed it the first time.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-02-2005, 11:54 AM

Allow me to ditto the post of marine2651. For he is more then 100% correct.

Remember all the others on the road are crazy & out to kill you.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-02-2005, 02:20 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to ChiknHawk Send a message via Yahoo to ChiknHawk
Question understanding

I understand fully and do just that because the suck in the turns. I just get blowing in the highway strights. so what do i do about that? in the city I am a better ride because they can never open up fully or even move in and out of traffic as I do.

ChiknHawk
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-02-2005, 05:20 PM

Where in the hell on the hwy can one open up to full chat on a 600 or 1000cc? The same goes for in city or town streets since one simply cannot open up full chat on either. So forget the idea of trying to outrace them.

If you still like to move fast THEN line up with Track Days & that is when you will have a chance of really letting your bike rip.

Play around like you are sort of indicating costly speeding tickets IF you are not in the hospital with severe injuries & your bike totalled.

You handle sort of indicatates you will be hit with the above two very shortly.

post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-02-2005, 05:30 PM

Buying a bike for the purpose of outrunning someone else is a bad idea. Totally backwards thinking. Learn to ride first, go insane later.

Quote:
Originally posted by Smitty
Where in the hell on the hwy can one open up to full chat on a 600 or 1000cc? ...
Just to answer this little rhetorical..
Hwy 60 between the 10 stack and Higley road.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-05-2005, 02:37 PM

A CBR1000 isnt even going to stay up with a busa,But your thinking about this wrong.I dont know where you ride but if your riding in the city or on twisties you should have the advantage.Get way ahead of them early then you dont have to worry about geting lost on the highway.You need to decide what you like better 150 mph straights(which a trained monkey can do)or hiting cut back turns at 60mph(which takes true skills).CBR's are great no matter what you like.

Luckly the tree was there to stop me.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-05-2005, 05:00 PM

Sideway is this "--Hwy 60 between the 10 stack and Higley road.---" a legit road to go flat out on to speeds well over 200mph? If not then we to have similiar roads in Cdn & there must be a maze of them in the States where one can go flat out only it would be breaking the Max Speed Limit which means speeding tickets. You get a number of them & you are suffering due to points & fines.

I was referring to hwy roads that were LEGAL for one to go full chat on & that means NO SPEED LIMIT. So let us say said stretch is open to any speed then are such roads all over the States? I sort of doubt it.

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-05-2005, 05:12 PM

Man, you guys should holiday in the Northern Territory.

Open roads carry NO SPEED LIMITS!

In God, we trust; all others must provide data.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-05-2005, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Smitty
Sideway is this "--Hwy 60 between the 10 stack and Higley road.---" a legit road to go flat out on to speeds well over 200mph? If not then we to have similiar roads in Cdn & there must be a maze of them in the States where one can go flat out only it would be breaking the Max Speed Limit which means speeding tickets. You get a number of them & you are suffering due to points & fines.

I was referring to hwy roads that were LEGAL for one to go full chat on & that means NO SPEED LIMIT. So let us say said stretch is open to any speed then are such roads all over the States? I sort of doubt it.
Oh, legally you meant.

Of course not. As far as whether or not the road surface can handle those speeds, it can. To the legality of it, no. If caught, one would be arrested, spend roughly 8 hours in county and be charged with criminal speed.

And for what it's worth, we ALL break the law from time to time, (some of us more consistently than others) on our bikes. I mean, we don't pay for these bikes and the insurance that goes with them to drive around at 35mph. We could do that on a Harley.

Last edited by sidewaysducati; 04-05-2005 at 05:21 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode