Choices - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-25-2005, 01:04 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to ChiknHawk Send a message via Yahoo to ChiknHawk
Question Choices

It's time for a new bike. I like the look and all the magazine reports about the Honda RR series bikes. However I am 5'6" 175 lbs and wondering what size would be best. The 1000 comes with the steering dampiner and is similar in size of the 600. Everybody else has big bikes but I like the twisties. Will the 1000 give me the same effect that I get with slinging around a lighter 600 but let me keep up with the Haybusa and ZX11. plus I realy like the undertail exhaust. Or should I get another GIXXER?

ChiknHawk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-25-2005, 01:40 PM

Send a message via AIM to Chris Sedition Send a message via Yahoo to Chris Sedition
Re: Choices

Quote:
Originally posted by ChiknHawk
It's time for a new bike. I like the look and all the magazine reports about the Honda RR series bikes. However I am 5'6" 175 lbs and wondering what size would be best. The 1000 comes with the steering dampiner and is similar in size of the 600. Everybody else has big bikes but I like the twisties. Will the 1000 give me the same effect that I get with slinging around a lighter 600 but let me keep up with the Haybusa and ZX11. plus I realy like the undertail exhaust. Or should I get another GIXXER?
look at race times between 600 and 1000 bikes. there is very little difference. my guess is also that the difference between them is not something us mere mortals will ever be able to really know in the street. that being said, 600's do feel more "nimble" than 1000 do. you need to throw your body weight around a bit more on a litre bike to get it flipping back and forth the same way a 600 does, but it really isn't a huge difference. often people feel like they are going faster on 600's becuase you need to have the RPM's higher to match the same UMPF! from a 1000cc. your height / weight ratio might make a 600 a little more manageable than a litre bike.

fuck honda and suzuki. get a YAMAHA. the R6 is best handling bike, ever. Rumor has it that 2005 R6 just broke 9.9something on the 1/4 mile. thats mad fast for a stock 600, faster than anyone ever really needs in the real world.

-sedition

LISTEN TO SLAYER
AIM: chR1s sedition
Yahoo: CSedition

2003 R1 (black / red / hell-fire)

"All black, no bling"
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-25-2005, 02:52 PM

Re: Re: Choices

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris Sedition
Rumor has it that 2005 R6 just broke 9.9something on the 1/4 mile. thats mad fast for a stock 600, faster than anyone ever really needs in the real world.

I have heard that also, but supposedly bike had been lowered and -1 on front sprocket. AND had a pro drag racer launching it. I'm not doubting the prowess of the new R6. If I was wasn't such a large person, I'd buy a new R6. Hell I almost bought the 03 silver/black R6 but happened on the deal on my F4i. But I look like an elephant givin it to a football on a 600. Hence my 929.

You will refer to me as IDIOT, not YOU CAPTAIN!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode