CBR1000RR suspension settings - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-10-2004, 11:25 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up CBR1000RR suspension settings

with my last track day i found myself scraping the inside footpeg on a tight right hander with a bump in the middle. i did some research on suspension settings and it appears the standard settings are for a rider weight of 65kg. i got some trackday sus settings for the blade off the UK fireblade website and these are also for a rider of 65kg. two parts to this question:

1. any suggestions on how to compensate for the weight difference on the standard and track settings. (stock suspension)

2. i have tried the suggested track settings but not ridden the bike yet but up front i find the following. the front is set-up much harder than standard for the hard braking but the rear is a lot softer than standard. is this correct.

anybody out there my weight with settings that really work for them on the track i would appreciate some suggestions. i have stayed with the pirelli diablo tyres
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-16-2004, 11:17 AM
Honda Moderator

If you are serious about your riding & improving the bike as well as your own ability then listen very closely...

Go buy an Ohlins shock right now!

http://www.rogueracing.org/ohlins.htm

The RR has the typical OEM rough ride for two since the rear shock is designed to carry a max load of 366lbs, the rear spring is oversprung for riding solo & generally when the rear end is designed to carry that much weight on a sportbike the front forks will have less weight on them so they are usually undersprung which is why a fork re-work is always in order to get the most out of your stock suspension components. I mean most of the time you cannot even set the proper amount of sag front or rear to your weight & that is the very first thing that must be done before you can start tuning the suspension

After you get the shock then get your forks reworked at the first possible opportunity. Conventional fork rework is worthless on the RR so be prepared to spend about $750 for Ohlins valves & installation, but the money spent is more than worth it. I highly recommend the Ohlins forks as well, but most riders just won't pony up that kind of cash for suspension stuff, they think Powercommanders & fancy full system exhausts are more important...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode