cbr-rr 600 vs gsx-r 600 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-24-2004, 04:45 PM Thread Starter

cbr-rr 600 vs gsx-r 600

i went to the Suzuki dealer today to buy a 600, i ask the guy what was the difference between the gsxr 600 and the cbr 600, he told me that gsxr i better in every single way acceleration,handling, and braking. i went to the Honda dealer and they told me the cbr was a better bike.

i need to know which bike has better handling ?
and what is the invoice cost not the msr?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-24-2004, 05:45 PM

Smile

The cbr is a much more beautiful bike, I would go with that one.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-24-2004, 05:45 PM

Send a message via AIM to wantanaprilia
Hondas are heavier, slower, and more exspensive, you do the math

Seriously, whichever is more comfortable is the better bike. But neither of them are good for a beginner bike, especially not the 04 GSXRs/CBR600RRs.

Look . . . the people you are after are the people you depend on. We cook your meals, we haul your trash, we connect your calls, we drive your ambulances, we guard you while you sleep. Do not fu|< with us.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-24-2004, 05:54 PM

the august edition of sport rider magazine did a 600 evaluation. They ended up choosing the gixxer. It was .03 faster in the quarter mile (10.65 compared to 10.68). They said that the cbr had the "smoothest and strongest" 600 motor. Due to it's weight it is rock solid but that also means it takes a little more effort to initiate the turn in.
I have the 600RR. I can attest that the seat is pretty hard and the forward position (although great for the track) can be a little fatigueing. In my opinion if you are a beginner you won't be able to tell the difference in performance (they are both to much for you or me for that matter), so get the one that fits your eye.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-24-2004, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bigblue
the august edition of sport rider magazine did a 600 evaluation. They ended up choosing the gixxer. It was .03 faster in the quarter mile (10.65 compared to 10.68). They said that the cbr had the "smoothest and strongest" 600 motor. Due to it's weight it is rock solid but that also means it takes a little more effort to initiate the turn in.
I have the 600RR. I can attest that the seat is pretty hard and the forward position (although great for the track) can be a little fatigueing. In my opinion if you are a beginner you won't be able to tell the difference in performance (they are both to much for you or me for that matter), so get the one that fits your eye.
I actually thought (personal opinion) the seating on the 04 Gix was alot more race oriented. Not to say the CBR isn`t very race oriented, but thats just how I felt. It took a little while to get used to the new gix, but now its perfect. I do wish Suzuki would make seats like Honda though

Look . . . the people you are after are the people you depend on. We cook your meals, we haul your trash, we connect your calls, we drive your ambulances, we guard you while you sleep. Do not fu|< with us.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-24-2004, 06:50 PM

I wish they would all make seats more like corbin.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-24-2004, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bigblue
I wish they would all make seats more like corbin.
If I didn`t have to buy a race tail to do it, I`d throw a piece of foam across the plastic and be done with it

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode