How much should I ask???? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-22-2004, 04:31 PM Thread Starter

How much should I ask????

I don't know if this question even belongs here, but here goes.

I don't ride my bike enough to justify keeping it. I love riding it, but I just don't have the time, so I've decided to sell it.

It's a '97 F3 with 8900 miles and is in perfect condition. No scratches, never been down, etc... It has a Yoshi exhaust and I have most if not all the maintenance records too. Also has two matching helmets, magnetic tank bag and a full tank bra.

I advertised it in todays paper for $4800 OBRO. A couple guys I work with said that's probably too much, but I actually received two calls today about it and both parties are coming to look at it tomorrow.

So, what would be a fair price for both the buyer and the seller? I don't want to give it away, but I don't want people to think I'm trying to rip them off either.

Thanks for your help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-22-2004, 06:35 PM

Send a message via AIM to Stillon2Wheels
I would say keep it at that price....I am no expert now, but if people are calling about it then it must be fine. Now if the price is too low or someone here thinks that it should be more....then say something. but yeah if people are callin just leave it there.

120 mph.....woo-hoo it tickles
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-22-2004, 06:56 PM

Send a message via AIM to wantanaprilia
I really don`t know what your bike is worth, but as the old saying goes " theres an ass for every seat". If someone is willing to pay $6k for a bike thats only worth $4k, are you going to say sorry, this bike is only worth $3500-$4k, I can`t take $6k?

But FWIW, aftermarket things, and gear don`t add value to a bike, and performance things actually hurt the resale. I paid $4200 for my 00 GSXR600 with 6k miles in November, though. I`d say leave it, if they want it, they`ll pay, but don`t be disapointed if they only offer you $4k.

www.kbb.com www.nada.com use those to get a rough idea.

Look . . . the people you are after are the people you depend on. We cook your meals, we haul your trash, we connect your calls, we drive your ambulances, we guard you while you sleep. Do not fu|< with us.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-23-2004, 05:15 AM Thread Starter

Yeah, even kbb and nada are really hard to go by seeing as though they don't give you an option to put in mileage and condition. At least kbb gives you an averarge mileage based on year and cc size, but they don't tell you how much to add or subtract based on it. I'm sitting about 20k miles under mileage.

I guess I'll just see what they offer and go from there. I just didn't want someone to low ball me and I didn't want my stopping point to be so high that people think I'm nuts.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-23-2004, 05:22 AM
S370HSSV 0773H

Send a message via Yahoo to spicersh
I'd say err on the high side at first. If you go too low you only screw yourself. If you go too high you'll either have nobody offer on it, indicating you need to lower the price a little, or you'll find someone with more money than brains who is willing to pay your asking price. It's noble that you don't want to rip anyone off, but at the same time it's not your responsibility to babysit other people. Let them take care of themselves and you take care of yourself.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all of fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomanical, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. - Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-25-2004, 12:19 AM

As collectors say, its only worth what someone will pay for it.
If you get a bite at 4800, who cares what its "worth?"
Its obviously worth that much to them.
Worse comes to worse you can always try later at a lower price.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode