Anyone tricked out a VTR250??? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-30-2002, 10:59 AM Thread Starter

Question Anyone tricked out a VTR250???

I have one that I'm doing up for my nephew . I'm thinking RC51 colors and graffix, black wheels ,Sargents seat job, and I have a pair of small carbon cans from an Indego system. Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-02-2002, 07:38 PM
Honda Moderator

I've done a few of them
http://www.rogueracing.org/vtr/old/

Last edited by Lord Duckhunter; 05-15-2013 at 01:07 PM. Reason: updated defunct link
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-02-2002, 08:31 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to FZR400Tony
i wish honda would import smalls bikes to the u.s. again...

Tony

Coward stays behind freedom.
A braveman stands in front of freedom and defends it for others.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-04-2002, 05:32 AM Thread Starter

Thumbs up

Yes !!! That's what I'm looking for . I need a seat cowl and the side cowls. I can't find them anywhere. Any help would be apreciated. Your bikes look really cool.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-27-2002, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Duckhunter
I've done a few of them

http://members.aol.com/mwheele/vtr.htm
You are kidding, right? I love it when people claim their bikes are so fast... every 250 website I see there this some idot claiming that with "a little jetting and a pipe" they can keep up with the 600's. I have to laugh. No 250 will EVER keep up with the 600cc class sportbikes. Jetting is no replacement for displacement. Live in the now people!!

Kerry

"I'm not lost, I'm exploring!"

http://www.cbrrr.net
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-01-2002, 04:33 AM Thread Starter

Talking

AHHH a tough guy ,aye??? I'll whip out a 74 CB 100 with a K&N and a sawed off pipe. We'll just see ,big boy...
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-27-2003, 05:58 PM

I was considering supercharging my VTR250..My brother in Law assured me that a modest 5lb boost would not be harsh on the engine, but would provide a decent horse power bonus.
Way better than jetting etc..
I didn't go any further because of the fact that the suspension was pretty basic and for the money to upgrade, I might as well just get a 600.

I think the gay waiter wants to push my stool in!!
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-01-2003, 01:38 PM

250 vs 600

Kerry

I have a street legal1992 NSR250se with 72hp at the rear wheel and weighs in at 275 pounds..Pipes.tyga reeds with carbon petals, jetting, modified airbox ..I regularly put it to 600's on the street and trackdays. They start pulling away after 125mph or so but how often does that situation come up??

The rs and tz 250's are regularly hitting 170+ mph on the track with a well tuned one quite capable of 185. and 100 rw hp! The 250's can corner 15+% faster than the 600's..

Cant say I would go for a 4stroke 250 doing the same though...

Dirk
A monkey can go fast in a straight line.....when they can drag thier knees...I'll be impressed!
00 CBR929rr
92 NC30
92 NSR250se

Last edited by dirkmc3; 02-01-2003 at 01:42 PM.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-12-2003, 11:44 AM

Re: 250 vs 600

Quote:
Originally posted by dirkmc3
Kerry

I have a street legal1992 NSR250se with 72hp at the rear wheel and weighs in at 275 pounds..Pipes.tyga reeds with carbon petals, jetting, modified airbox ..I regularly put it to 600's on the street and trackdays. They start pulling away after 125mph or so but how often does that situation come up??

The rs and tz 250's are regularly hitting 170+ mph on the track with a well tuned one quite capable of 185. and 100 rw hp! The 250's can corner 15+% faster than the 600's..

Cant say I would go for a 4stroke 250 doing the same though...
I agree, the 2-stroke 250's are bad ass bikes. But we weren't talking about GP bikes, on the contrary, we were talking about EX-250's and VTR250s. "Jetting and a little air box mods" are not going to improve this little bike enough to run with any bikes other than EX-250's and VTR250's. Besides the gutless engine and low torque, the suspension sucks, there really isn't any lean angle that you CAN'T drag hard parts, etc.

Now the GP 250's, those are some bikes! Light weight and lots of power. Most don't run well down long straights, but there are few bikes that can keep up in the corners. They hold ungodly corner speed.

Kerry

"I'm not lost, I'm exploring!"

http://www.cbrrr.net
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-12-2003, 12:58 PM
Honda Moderator

This is an excellent example of a person not knowing what the hell they are talking about pretending to be an expert.

I have not only owned & built more than half a dozen VTR250's, but just recently sold my Aprilia 250gp bike so I am well versed in what comparisons I can make. In additon I work on everything from Turbo Hayabusa's to 900RR's to Gixxers to my beloved RC51 & can explicitly state that I am a fairly good judge of what a bike is capable both in terms of outright engine performance & road handling characteristics. In the right package the "light is right" concept is way more important than pure horsepower.

I can assure that the 4 stroke VTR250 even with stock suspension is more than a match for many of the larger bikes. The cornerspeed you can carry on these is almost rediculous & your comment about dragging hard parts is total BS. Had you ever ridden a VTR250 especiallly one with a 140 section rear tire you would know that you can literally lean one down until the foot pegs fold completely up & still won't touch any hard parts of the bike on the asphalt.

I'm not here to tell you that a VTR250 is going to smoke a CBR600 in a straight line, but I will tell you that if you don'ttake them seriously that from stoplight to stoplight the little bike with a good launch will give the bigger bikes pure hell. Add to that the fact that you can weave in & out of the lines on the road at 80mph without ever touching one & you have a very nimble little bike that can take just about any line it wants to through the twisties.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode