f4i flush mounts - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-01-2002, 03:32 PM Thread Starter

f4i flush mounts

Alright I went out today and got some flush mounts but they didnt fit in the small space that is provided. My question is what kind did you get and pics would be helpful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-02-2002, 03:28 AM

go to www.cbrworld.net. under the tutorial section.. there is a step by step how to for flushmounts. pics and all
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-02-2002, 06:04 PM

Lightbulb flush mounts

Here are the ones that I installed on my f4i. Sorry, but I don't have a pic of them on my bike yet. They were pretty easy to install. Took about an hour. You have to shave down the lip and drill two holes. Then hook up the wires and you are set.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-02-2002, 06:30 PM

I just put them on my gixxer, they'er pretty easy to put on.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-04-2002, 03:39 AM

Here are flushmounts on my f4i before the plastics went back on. One word of caution when attaching these do not over tighten!!! I did mine last winter when I couldn't ride, I had the bike stored at my parents house when I went back a month later to start the bike up the right side flushmount cracked the palstice because I must have tightened it to much. So I used some ABS plastic bonding stuff and you can hardly see the hairline cracks. If I were to do it again I would do short stalks instead.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-08-2002, 06:17 PM

Just a side note that No flush mounts fit perfectly on our F4i's, the way the fairing is, makes it impossible. Don't get me wrong though, I have them on mine anyway and think they look great, its just they don't look as perfect as they do on some other bikes. I spoke with my local dealer and they also said they tried every kind possible and nothing fit perfectly.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-05-2002, 08:21 PM

LP Short Stalks look pretty nice on F4i's, I think. I have them one mine. You can check out my photo gallery.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-26-2002, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Project Hex
Just a side note that No flush mounts fit perfectly on our F4i's, the way the fairing is, makes it impossible. .....I spoke with my local dealer and they also said they tried every kind possible and nothing fit perfectly.
True, but if you remove the part that sticks out, its a hole diff. game.
I looked around for a bit too, and didnt like any that I saw on bikes. Then I found these, and I think they look the best on the F4i. But of course, there is some serious cutting involved. It just overlaps the cutout area, where it used to stick out. They're ok during the day, and plenty bright at night.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-01-2002, 12:07 AM

I had flush mounts (LP Flush Mount II's not sure). I was tired of not being seen so I went back with stock. I added a familiar twist to the bike, Clear Alternatives Lenses. I have maximum front visibility, and a rather clean look as well. Just my .02.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-11-2003, 09:32 AM

I would recomend lp V's. What i did was remove the cover, remove the bulb, and drilled a hole through the reflector, black plastic of the signal and through my faring and put a log 1\8 rivet through the whole works. You will need a long rivet, however the guys at fastnal helped me out on this, in fact they didn't even ask me to pay for them since i only needed two rivets. (the hole should be drilled very close to where the light bulb plugs in) When you install them put the foam boarder stick on around the signal and you will end up with a very clean looking install. The foam fills the gap perfectly and they look very smoothe.

Last edited by bridomine99; 11-14-2003 at 10:32 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode