is this a good deal? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-30-2002, 07:54 AM Thread Starter

is this a good deal?

Hey, I'm new to this forum and thought that if anyone would know the answer to my question it would be you guys. I've been riding for about a year now, mostly cruisers and dirtbikes. been on a few rides on my friends sportbikes and man I'm hooked. I love em. I'm looking to get a sportbike for next season and I've been shopping around. I dont want anything new because I know I'll probably drop it and feel bad. lol. I went to a dealership close to my house and saw a 02 f4i. I think that this bike is perfect for me. Its ergo's are just what I'm looking for in a bike, feeling style and the power I dont believe would be unmanagable. I know you guys here a lot of that, but I do honestly believe that I can handle it.(I've ridden everything from a katana 6 to a 996). But here's my question. The dealer says it will cost me about 7100 otd. It comes with an undertail and d&d slip-on. Do you guys think this is a good deal? Should I just buy new? Any input would be much appreciated and thanks for your time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-30-2002, 08:01 AM Thread Starter

I forgot to add that it has 4000 miles on it.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-30-2002, 08:29 AM

You should be able to get that bike for less than that for a couple of reasons:

1) It is fall and NY riding season is winding down quickly so bikes will be a dime a dozen.

2) The F5(or 600RR depending on what Honda calls it here) is coming to dealerships next Spring which will drop the value of the previous models even more.

If the dealer tries to tell you that the pipe adds to the price then tell him bullshit and go elsewhere. In many cases the aftermarket stuff doesn't really add to the value and can actually detract. I would bet that the guy they got the bike from didn't get any extra money because of the pipe and undertail.

They are good bikes but you should be able to talk them down more. Good luck. BTW, I'm not saying that it is a terrible deal just that it could be better.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-30-2002, 08:33 AM

I agree - that seems a little steep unless they are willing to haggle. Try hunting around for non-dealer used bikes: you're likely to get a better price. There should be lots coming available now that the riding season is winding down for many people.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode