Screwed by Ebayer!!!!!!!!!!! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-17-2002, 09:26 AM Thread Starter

Screwed by Ebayer!!!!!!!!!!!

This is an update to my previous post on the PC3 not working. I bought a PC3 from a guy that goes by 929racer. He told me the usual story about the unit working fine etc. Well I go to my local Honda dealer to have it properly installed and they tell me that the unit is fried!!!!! Here I am shelling out my hard earned money to have it installed correctly and I find out that the a$$hole sold me a paperweight. This is the first bad experience with online auctions and hopefully the last. I am currently begging for help from Dynojet. Has anyone had a PC3 repaired or is this even possible? Any help is appreciated. Thx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-17-2002, 09:50 AM

Notify E-BAY and see what they can do, if anything. If it was sent via US MAIL, inform the Postal inspector your area.........mail fraud!!. If it was sent via mail, notify the Jackass first, that if you do not get your money plus shipping, plus the shop cost, that you are going to turn him in for mail fraud, which is an offense punishable by fine and prison time.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-17-2002, 10:33 AM

This guy seems to be pretty upstanding. Have you tried for a refund?

If so, file a complaint with Ebay and give negative feedback.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-17-2002, 02:50 PM

Talk to him.

Definatly fire off an e-mail to the guy you bought it from and explain the situation. Sometimes there can actually be honest mistakes.

On the other hand you could have been ripped off. If you don't get a response within 3 days report it to e-bay and the us postal service. At least you can contribute to getting him arrested at this point so he can't rip off anyone else.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-30-2002, 03:18 PM

Re: Talk to him.

Quote:
Originally posted by krsteen
Definatly fire off an e-mail to the guy you bought it from and explain the situation. Sometimes there can actually be honest mistakes.

On the other hand you could have been ripped off. If you don't get a response within 3 days report it to e-bay and the us postal service. At least you can contribute to getting him arrested at this point so he can't rip off anyone else.
Yeah, I would definately try to talk to him before I called out the dogs.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-02-2002, 12:57 PM
cly

How long did it take for the dealer to figure out it was bad? Maybe they screwed it up? They didn't tell you something like "this one's fried, but we could get you a new one overnight for $299.99"

Maybe it got screwed up during shipping??

Just trying to point out that maybe it was good when the guy shipped it to you?
Probably not though, good luck
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-11-2002, 11:04 AM

Screwed by Ebayer!!!!!!!!

This is a bogus claim. I work with 929racer and he is as honest as they come. Okcbr929 contacted him complaining that he took the PCIII to the dealer to have it installed (what installation... connect it inline with the wiring harness and zip-tie it in place) and they told him it was no good. So he asks: how is it no good? Does the bike not run? Does it run bad, what? I know the PCIII worked because 929racer and I were adjusting the fuel-air ratio not long before he decided to get rid of his racing stuff. So long story short, 929racer asked what he could do to make it right, refund, whatever and the guy never got back to him. He hasn't replied to this post in almost a month. Remember, there's 2 sides to every story.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-11-2002, 11:32 AM

Post up and give the current status of the situation!! You called this guy out and he answered.....so where are you hiding? Now I feel bad that I even made any suggestions!!!

marietjq........for some shops, zip tie and connecting a harness is too technical, it may require finding the harness. Not all shops are bad, but I have seen some stupid stuff at shops.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode