I'm getting angry!! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-14-2002, 11:15 PM Thread Starter

I'm getting angry!!

So, 5 months ago I bought a brand new f4i. Now I see the pics of the new Honda 600rr and am totally PISSED!!!! I don't know about you guys but I think its looks are awesome!

Anybody else just by an f4i and feel like they have been crapped on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-15-2002, 04:31 AM

sorry i don't feel crapped on. i just got my f4i less than three weeks ago. i love it. the pics of the new 600 really don't get me going. i truly cannot stand the exhaust mounted under the seat. there is not a bit of "trunk" space. the headlights aren't as cool. that exhaust is probably hard as heck to upgrade... meaning it will probably be quite a while before anyone makes a slip on for it and it would be a pain to get to under the seat. just my opinion

later
chris
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-15-2002, 04:55 AM

I think its a little rediculous to be pissed the f4 has been out for 3 years so you knew the new model would be coming soon, you now have a great bike that you will never really use to its full potential plus it looks just as good as the one coming out. besides you can always trade it in.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-15-2002, 08:45 AM

Planned obsolesence is what makes the sport bike world go round, there is always new development not to mention styling changes. If thre wasn't we'd all be riding 1973 Kawi Z1a's cause nothing would have changed. I have Two Triumphs that are considered obsolete and They are 99 and 01. I wouldn't trade either one for another bike because I love them. I bought the 929 that I was trying to sell for a buddy and don't find It all that great to ride ( I'm not picking on the 929 It just dosen't fit my style ) This is one of the reasons for all of the R&D on the track for new bike development. We have a 89 F1 in the shop that the kid that works for me rides and no one runs off and leaves him any where He actually likes It better than the 99 F4 that I had because His F1 suits his riding style better. If You don't want constant change there is only one place in the market that You will find It and thats Harley - Davidison.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-20-2002, 05:09 PM

bikercris:
you couldn't be so wrong about the exhaust. it's all ready here! the bike was built off of rossi's race bike, the one he raced all year, the one that was talked about for two years. yah that one. sides. i've installed aftermarket under seat exhausts on a lot of bikes now for two years. most don't sound to great but never the less there here. who knows, maybe this one will be the one. IT IS A HONDA
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-21-2002, 01:09 PM

Obvioulsly you are new to the m/c world.

Basically there are continual changes by most of the makers. True in some cases no MAJOR changes for a year or two, but often they are forced into coming out with a competitive looking to sometimes better handeling & more powerful bike.
I am with Chris in the fact that there is NO small trunk space & besides to come on with a better all around full system it is going to be COSTLY as all is tucked away so much & those producing them are going to be rare at the start & costly. Latter means nothing to me as I leave my exhaust systems stock on my sportbikes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode