2001 Cbr600fs1 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-13-2002, 11:28 PM Thread Starter

Talking 2001 Cbr600fs1

Guess what I just bought today?

If it helps - it's a F4i to you guys in the USA...

Traded in my Ninja on it. It's near new, the previous owner's had it in the garage and only done 3,000km (about 1,500 miles), it's mint.

It was an interesting bike to ride. When I first took it out, I was like - well, the injected motor is a thing of sweetness for responsiveness, but it sucks dogs balls in terms of power.

Then I got above 8krpm, and had to really hang on. Arse, it's quite rapid at the top end of the range. So, in relation to my old ZX600F3, it's not as urgent at low RPM, but pulls hard at the top - an acceptable sacrifice in my book.

And the handling! Damn, I'm now the corner god, this thing gives so much confidence, doesn't miss a beat, certainly makes up for the shocking rider on the back Put it anywhere, and it's like, "It's okay man, I got your back, nothing to worry about."

Anyway, just had to post, I'm well pleased with the new toy. Now if only my broken wrist (courtesy of my crash about two months back) would finish rehab, I could start really riding.

2001 Honda
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(F4i)
1993 Toyota
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(Series III 3SGTE)
Personal page is
or
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-14-2002, 10:28 AM Thread Starter

Here's a photo:

2001 Honda
(F4i)
1993 Toyota

(Series III 3SGTE)
Personal page is
or
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-14-2002, 10:29 AM Thread Starter

You'll notice the slightly different graphics on the side:

2001 Honda
(F4i)
1993 Toyota

(Series III 3SGTE)
Personal page is
or

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-14-2002, 10:36 AM

Harmony,

Sweet bike!! Looks like your profile needs updated with your new bike now... Enjoy and be careful, but you know how us bikers sometimes get carried away.... HaHa
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-14-2002, 10:53 AM Thread Starter

Ah hah, crap, got everything except the bit to the side Sorted that now, not only does my picture have a CBR, but my sportbike is listed right

Thanks man, it's a very cool bike, the thing I'm picking up about the Honda is how it all just works. It's a very finished product.

2001 Honda
(F4i)
1993 Toyota

(Series III 3SGTE)
Personal page is
or
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-14-2002, 06:27 PM

great bike! i have the same one in u.s. version. same color too. i have had it for less than three weeks and have put over 1200 miles on it. i love it! just wish i didn't have to work during the day so i could ride it all the time.

later
chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode