Ohlins rear shock for '01 F4i - applications and installation? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-10-2002, 08:30 PM Thread Starter

Question Ohlins rear shock for '01 F4i - applications and installation?

i own an '01 f4i and just purchased an ohlins rear shock used for $500. it came off another f4i, but the part # (46HRCL) is for honda hawks, f3, and i think even the f2. i'm told by several sources that the only difference between the f4i specific ohlins and the 46HRCL is that the f4i unit has a 'piggyback' reservoir and the remote knob for the hydraulic adjustment of the spring preload, whereas the 46HRCL has the manual side-by-side double lock-nut spring preload adjuster (on the shock body retaining the spring) and the damping adjustments on the body of the shock and on the remote reservoir. the shock i purchased has no manual or hardware other than the shock and reservoir itself. does anyone have any pertinant information or a manual lying around for adjustment and installation information? does anyone have a source where i can get this myself? i'm told the spring rates and damper valving are the same for the 46HRCL and the f4i specific model. does anyone know this for sure, or know anyone i can ask? thanks a lot!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-11-2002, 10:27 AM

shock

go to this web site and look it up. http://www.ohlins.com/

what you posted as a part # is the style of shock and with in that style there are lots of part#'s for differnt bikes

if you find it won't work and it does fit a superhawk get back to me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode