F4i exhaust... input please - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-08-2002, 06:35 PM Thread Starter

F4i exhaust... input please

Ok... I am doing the major search for a pipe and hope this topic is not exhausted. I live in Arkansas and there are not many people in my area with sportbikes. There are some busas and other gixxers but I've only seen those guys while passing by. Anyway... I am looking at Erion, Hindle, Vance and Hines, Yosh, Akro. I need some help! I know this goes against everything LordDuckHunter stands for but I want loud... the louder the better. I do not want to sacrifice quality though. I ride with my dad currently and he owns a harley with vance and hines longshots which to say the least are a bit louder than my stock piped f4i. I need to be heard! I heard an R1 with a two brothers full system on it and it was major quiet. This was sitting still and just revving. I want a loud pipe at idle. My cars have been loud and my last bike was loud. It's just my thing. Anyone that has a pipe or has heard one on a cbr600 please post your opinion. Thanks

chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-09-2002, 06:51 AM

Chris, I live in Fort Smith (no jokes, please) and have a Two Brothers C5 highmount on my '01 f4i. I like this pipe a lot. Quality is good and sound is what I was looking for. I ride with ear plugs . Sounds like a formula 1 car at anything over 4500 RPM. I have heard quite a few pipes and I think most of them sound soooo much better than stock you will have a hard time going wrong. Akro is considered top shelf for quality with V and H at the other end. If I was shoping today I would take a look at Micron. There are some pretty active sport bikers in your area who post at esportbike.com. I don't post there so I don't know any of them but you might check it out. Look in the "Central" area on that site. One of the guys has a MV .
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-17-2002, 03:38 PM

Exclamation

Chris I put a Jardine RT One on my f4i and people in cars have to plug their ears when I hammer it past them, it sounds excellent all of the time especially during high revs.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-17-2002, 03:56 PM

http://www.remus.at/remus.php?ln=2
try this link.
I think that is the one i'll get (if they highmount)
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-18-2002, 04:29 AM

you want loud? D&D all the way.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-30-2002, 06:09 PM

I also have a Two Bros pipe on my F4I. I love the sound of it and overall build quality of the pipe. If you are willing to spend some money you might want to look into a Devil or a Mig Pipe. I have heard alot of good things about them and they have a loud sound.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-01-2002, 07:47 PM

I have a devil high mount shotgun on my 2001 F4i. It is AWESOME!!!! The sound is unbelievable and with it only being a slip on still gave me abound 5 hp. Check them out a www.devilbikes.com
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-01-2002, 08:08 PM

I just switched to a Devil shotgun from my Stilletto slip on...much deeper, throatier sound though not quite as loud in the high rpms...

My stilletto is mint, black, and for sale. Idling it might not be as loud as you want but WOT it SCREAMS!
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-02-2002, 03:27 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by viocurse
you want loud? D&D all the way.
ditto. its like an obnoxious loud.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-03-2002, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by rlplive
Chris I put a Jardine RT One on my f4i and people in cars have to plug their ears when I hammer it past them, it sounds excellent all of the time especially during high revs.
I highly recommend the Jardine RT1. That's what I have on my 929 with the Race Baffle. It has a nice throaty sound in the low RPMs but screams in the high's. People know you're there, that's for sure. I always get compliments on the can.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode