PCIII not working!!!!!!!!!! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-02-2002, 10:16 PM Thread Starter

PCIII not working!!!!!!!!!!

I bought a used PCIII for my 929 buy it doesnt want to cooperate. I installed it according to the instructions. The problem occurs when I start the bike. It idles fine but at the slightest hint of throttle it dies. I downloaded a map from powercommander.com for the Jardine slip-on which is what I have. I also tried the zero map but get the same results. Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-03-2002, 07:27 AM

Besides zeroing the the PC, did you try and adjust it manually......There are 3 buttons on the face where you can do this......If it stalling out on ya, I would try to run a little richer....Just go up a notch or two on the level meter for low, mid, & high range......

I remember when installing mine, when i was on the leaner side, it stalled out a couple times...Its easy to adjust it manually..If you dont have the instructions on how to do this, let me know and i'll post em...G-luk
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-03-2002, 08:17 AM Thread Starter

Yeah I tried adjusting it manually but still had the same results. Went every setting lean and rich. The guy I bought it from said he had a Formula Extreme map in it but I figured that would have been erased when disconnected from his bike. Instructions say that after downloading a map you can move the throttle with the bike off and the lights on the PC will move up and down indicating that the map was successful. It doesnt do it at all. Makes me wish I still had the sweet response of a carbureted (sp) bike.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-03-2002, 09:32 AM

From my experience, it is always best to buy electronic parts new. And once installed, many things can happen to these type of parts. (dealer here won't even take returns on electrical items because of that reason) I hate to say it, but there may be a problem with the PC III.
I installed a power commander on my '02 R1, and I have not had any problems. I was advised to make all adjustments to the maps within the DynoJet software, and NOT via the manual buttons. (the buttons cover a wide range, and don't give you the fine tuning capability, therefore, it works against what the Power Commander is meant to do).

You may want to make sure that you have all of the wires connected properly. If you do, and the problem persists, I would bet that the guy sold you a bum unit..

Let us know how it turns out. Good Luck Bro
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-03-2002, 02:31 PM

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-03-2002, 07:52 PM

I would also have to agree, from what you've discribed sounds like you have a bum unit. Mine does move the leds with the throttle and if your's isn't sound like it could be a loose connection of is just plain broke. Check you connects, and if that's not the prob. I'd try and get in touch with the guy you bought it from....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode