Where to buy RC-51?!? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-27-2002, 10:13 AM Thread Starter

Where to buy RC-51?!?

I just sold one of my Corvettes and I'm looking to buy an RC-51. I have cas in my hand, and I want the very best no-hassle out the door price on a shiny new RC-51.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-27-2002, 10:25 AM

Lightbulb

Sir................Call JOSE (and only Jose) in SALES @ JOHN BURR CYCLES! I am not certain if they have 1 in stock or not. But, they are very much so customer service oriented and very competitive.

CALL - 1.800.350.1236

Hope This Helps!

Johnny
Team No Limit Racing &#169 1996-2002
http://www.teamnolimitracing.com
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-27-2002, 12:52 PM Thread Starter

I gave Jose a call, and although he beat the next closest price be $3.00, he's still higher than others are paying out of state.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-27-2002, 01:02 PM
S370HSSV 0773H

Send a message via Yahoo to spicersh
I'd be careful buying out of state. Maybe you know this, but if not, if there are less than 7500 miles on the bike (I think that is the correct number) you won't be able to register it in California. Unless you are picking it up in Seattle and bringing it back via Maine and Florida. Just my $0.02.

I just moved out here a year ago with a bike from Indiana. Luckily I had about 9000 miles on it so I didn't have trouble registering it, but just be aware of that law. Otherwise, good luck! I'm possibly looking at an RC for my next one too! I wanna test ride one though.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all of fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomanical, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. - Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-28-2002, 08:28 AM Thread Starter

It seems to me that would be against the laws of interstate commerce. Of course, the Government is exempt from their own laws..

If they won't let me register it for a few miles, well, they're just missing revenue. Like I care. Besides, who wants catalytic converters anyway!
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-28-2002, 08:31 AM
S370HSSV 0773H

I agree, I think it's bullshit, but I guess they are trying to keep people from buying a 49-state model (which from what I understand means you only save a few pounds and get a few ponies) which most day to day riders would never notice anyway. If you are wanting it for track duty I guess that's different, but for everyday riding I would rather buy it here and not hassle with the registration for weight and power I'll never notice. Jut my opinion.

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all of fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomanical, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. - Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-28-2002, 08:59 AM

Chris:

$9600 was the best price I found when I looked earlier this summer. Thiel's Wheels in Ohio has had one RC for this price since June, so they may be willing to go lower.

http://www.cycletrader.com/gallerall_dealer.html?727616

Good luck with your search- the RC is the most amazing bike I've ever been on!

Matt
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-28-2002, 10:51 AM

Exclamation

PONIES AND WEIGHT ARE NOT THE REASONS!

Simply..............The CA requirements are relative to "emissions laws" enacted and set forth by the California Legislature and "enforced" by the California Department of Motor Vehicles, Bureau of Automotive Repair Investigative Unit, Air Quality Management District, Environmental Protection Agency, ETC.!

Hope This Helps!

Johnny
Team No Limit Racing &#169 1996-2002
http://www.teamnolimitracing.com
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-28-2002, 10:55 AM
S370HSSV 0773H

I didn't mean that the CA models were made just to have more weight and less hp, I just meant that that is the effect the extra environmental equipment has on the bike. I wasn't very clear in my earlier post. I realize that more is added to CA bikes because of environmental reasons, not to restrict the bike. Thats just a side-effect of the added components.

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-29-2002, 07:04 AM Thread Starter

I ended up driving out and buying a used 2001 yesterday. The price was just too good to pass up. The gentleman I bought it from was a real bike guy. Beat up pickup truck and a garage full of motorcycles. He was selling because he had just bought a new 2002 model and didn't feel that he needed two RC's.

Thanks for all of the input!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode