Idle problems with Honda CBR F3 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-11-2002, 10:53 AM Thread Starter

Idle problems with Honda CBR F3

Hi guys, I'm new here.

My friend has a bike. A 1995 Honda CBR F3, and when she bought it, she told me it had no problems at all. However I think she got ripped on the deal. She said she spent close to 4 grand on it, and it ran perfect when she got it, with 12,000 miles on it.

But while she was getting used to it, she tipped it over. Apparantly, it took a while before someone could show up to help her get the bike back up, so I'm guessing fuel ran up. Since then it doesn't idle properly and if you leave it below 2300 rpm it shuts off. I know more about car's then bikes but I figured it might be that she flooded or injectors (car thing) might be messed up.

Another thing... I am pretty new to the bike scene, I know I have to take the MSF, and everyone says a 250 is a good learner bike, but you think I could learn with a 500 if I play it safe for a while?

Oh and where can you find stats for motorcycles, i.e. 0-60's, 1/4 miles, handling stats. Preferably Honda bikes and Kawasaki bikes.

thanks for your help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-11-2002, 09:10 PM

when you say "new" you mean sportbikes, or all 2 wheel motorized dealy bobers? Don't get a bike you'll get bored of in 2 months. I got a 600 for my first sportbike (although I've been on dirtbikes since i could walk) and I haven't had a problem yet. Just don't let your wrist get you into trouble and you'll be fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode