X F4ier now 954 owner (pics) - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-29-2002, 07:49 AM Thread Starter

X F4ier now 954 owner (pics)

I wrecked my F4i and totaled it about 3 Sundays ago. Now I gotta a 954 and love it. Thanks State Farm.

Got it for 10K OTD

Last edited by chad 711; 07-29-2002 at 07:52 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-29-2002, 09:09 AM

Cool Real Nice

Chad 711 -

Senior Member as in Geezer - if so, me too.

How do you like it so far? Any thing you don't care for? Comfortable? I'm about a frog hair from buying one - just want a real world opinion.

Best of Luck with - it's beauty.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-29-2002, 09:29 PM

Re: X F4ier now 954 owner (pics)

Quote:
[I wrecked my F4i and totaled it about 3 Sundays ago. Now I gotta a 954 and love it. Thanks State Farm.
Totaled mine Sunday, June 30th around 1:30pm. July 5th rode my 954 home. Thanks USAA. Just wasn't planning on "upgrading" until next year.

By the way, I'm glad you walked away like I did (shoot, I even rode the bike home -- and it was still smooth -- only cosmetic -- damn the expense of fairings!). Only a bum wrist. Looking back, I am waaaaaay lucky. Had all the gear on -- Speedmaster Jacket/gloves/boots/pants and Shoei helmet. Bike in a barbed wire fence, me two feet from it.

Amazing what a little gravel (and no, it was not there the day before) on the pavement will do to you.

And yes, for everyone who asks, a crash does happen in slow motion.

Here's my pics. I'd be interested in seeing your F4i aftershots if you have any.

Quote:
Originally posted by Thunderheart
Chad 711 -

How do you like it so far? Any thing you don't care for? Comfortable? I'm about a frog hair from buying one - just want a real world opinion.
I LOVE IT!!!! Smooth, powerful, sexy. It does put out some heat, though, not enough to discourage getting one (see my posts about CBR954RR Frame Heat). Seeing you have a VFR, you probably already know about the heat it puts out.

Snip the frog's hair. Highly recommend it. The Suzuki GSX-R1000 seems to have more bang for the buck, but after checking it out, found out the 954 was more comfortable for me (They wouldn't let me sit on the RC-51 at the dealership, EVEN AFTER I SHOWED THEM THE CASH!!). But looking back, I made the right choice (ok, maybe I should have gone silver and black ... my bad. Let's see, I'm guessing the Raiders take the Bowl this year, and yes, I do live in Colorado, and yes, the Broncos suck!!!!! -- but I'm rambling...)

Just make sure you go with the Pilot Sport tires (sorry Bridgestone fans). They hold EXTREMELY well in tight spots. JUST WEAR THE FRICKIN GEAR !!!! If you're not, then ride her easy (get your mind out of the gutter, you know what I mean).

I'm interested in what choice you make.

By the way, did anyone see Yate's crash this past weekend? Good to see him walk away as well.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-30-2002, 03:38 AM

954RR

Thanks for the info - glad you missed the fence. Red is the only color for the 954 - good choice. You nailed the VFR heat, man you could cook a chicken with the heat that rolls out at thigh level. Damn Hot!

Yates - one hell of a rider. The press has been quite about the accident - six inch gash above the elbow is all I heard - he's tough. I was concerned about the amount of time it took safety workers to get to him - I felt like jumping up to help him but I couldn't figure out how to get there through the boob-tube.

Ride Safe.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-30-2002, 05:36 AM Thread Starter

I love the 954 the handling is awesome. Geezer? Me? No, lol I'm 25. I think you will be very happy with the 954. Yes the heat thing is a bitch but I can get use to that like anything else. Man the brakes on the baby are strong, very strong.

My F4i wreck......(thanks the Lord he walked away, wew, close one!)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode