Best Honda Exhaust Manufacturer - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums
View Poll Results: Who makes the best exhausts?
Akrapovic 38 15.97%
Boskov 0 0%
D&D 21 8.82%
Devil 5 2.10%
Erion 29 12.18%
Hindle 12 5.04%
Jardine 16 6.72%
Kerker 0 0%
Micron 15 6.30%
Muzzy 0 0%
Two Bros 47 19.75%
Vance & Hines 2 0.84%
Yoshimura 29 12.18%
Other 24 10.08%
Voters: 238. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 97 (permalink) Old 07-27-2002, 01:50 PM Thread Starter

Best Honda Exhaust Manufacturer

WHO WHO WHO???

Consider factors other than, but not excluded to, performance and sound, such as:

Web site content, ease of installation, durability, customer support, etc...

This list should cover all the big guns, but if I forgot one, or if you know a company ( or a pro-shop ) that has some tight products, drop a message

--And, if you pick 'other', at least post the company name.

Thanks,
Dan

Last edited by Honda919Rider; 07-30-2002 at 06:35 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 97 (permalink) Old 07-28-2002, 03:21 PM

Thumbs up

JARDINE!

Johnny
Team No Limit Racing &#169 1996-2002
http://www.teamnolimitracing.com
post #3 of 97 (permalink) Old 07-29-2002, 06:46 AM

Akrapovic if you can afford it. All others are second best.

post #4 of 97 (permalink) Old 07-29-2002, 06:52 AM
S370HSSV 0773H

Send a message via Yahoo to spicersh
I don't know if warranty is an issue with you since your bike is new, but my Honda dealer told me that Jardines were the only Honda approved ones, so if you put something else on and then need some warranty work done you have to put the original stuff back on before you take it in. The Jardines you didn't have to because they were Honda approved.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all of fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomanical, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. - Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion
post #5 of 97 (permalink) Old 07-29-2002, 07:41 AM

TRUE!

JARDINE is the ONLY FACTORY SUPPORTED aftermarket exhaust. Jimmy Jardine, ONE HELL OF A GUY, travels w/ the HONDA AMA SUPERBIKE TEAM to do his magic!

AKRAPOVIC is a great exhaust............BUT NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR HONDA!

AS YOU GUYS SAY............"RIDE RED"?

Johnny
Team No Limit Racing &#169 1996-2002
http://www.teamnolimitracing.com
post #6 of 97 (permalink) Old 07-30-2002, 07:09 AM
Honda Moderator

You guys really need to quit... ROFL

1. There is no "Honda approved exhaust" so your dealer is full of shit.

2. They will not void your warranty because you have aftermarket parts on it therefore it is not neccessary to put your stock parts back on.

3. All last year Jardines sucked so bad that the AMA Superbikes used Akrapovic exhausts & applied Jardine stickers to the cannisters (Note: this is not a rumor it is a fact)

4. You all need to realize that there are alot more brands out there that are so far above the quality of the brands you listed here. but are not well known due to the masses of uninformed motorcyclists

Due yourselves a favor & read the following thread start to finish, don't just skim it & you will find all kinds of true & applicable information to the topic here as well as perfect examples of my previous paragraph. it really is worth the time it takes to read it thoroughly

https://www.sportbikeworld.com/showth...threadid=23895
post #7 of 97 (permalink) Old 07-30-2002, 07:54 AM
Honda Moderator

Just for clarification I am not dogging on Jardines, I think they are actually a decent exhaust, but I did want to point out that they were not up to the quality standards needed to be ran in AMA Superbike & wanted to bring to light the premise of paying sponsors & how it affects marketability...

The AMA superbikes this year are indeed running true Jardine exhausts built to HRC specs.
post #8 of 97 (permalink) Old 07-30-2002, 08:28 AM
S370HSSV 0773H

Send a message via Yahoo to spicersh
Thanks for the info....I haven't had a chance to read that thread but I am on my way there as soon as I can.

I'll be the first to admit I am WAY underinformed about aftermarket anything. However, if I go into a Honda dealership and they pull out a Honda catalog and tell me that X product is the only thing I can use without voiding my warranty, I tend to believe them. I'm not discounting LDH's information...don't get me wrong, it just raises a question. Why would a dealership tell me there are only certain approved products if there is no such thing? Is it because those certain products are the only ones that dealer carries, and they are just trying to make sure I get it through them? Just curious....when I go to get my new bike I will have to inquire about that a little further. Again, thanks for the info LDH!

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all of fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomanical, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. - Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion
post #9 of 97 (permalink) Old 07-30-2002, 08:33 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to FZR400Tony
i think lord brings up some interesting points, the ama factory boys aren't running the pipes we buy. i remember seeing miguel titanium yoshimura on his 600 in 96. the problem was, yosh didn't have said pipe in their catalog at the time. and i think it was a 4-1 pipe has well. it's been years since yosh made a 4-1 pipe that wasn't a duplex.

but when looking for a pipe for a street bike, the important factors (imo) are build quality, fit, sound and appearance (this is why akra's are so popular). of course price is important, which is where akra loses. performance gains don't really mean a lot other than bragging to your friends. ditto the weight. you can save more weight by running your tank on half full than you will from a heavy a/f exhaust to the lightest. actually most stock pipes aren't that much heavier

for racing, they should be crashable with good construction.

personal favorite are muzzy's, leo vince, m4 and hindle. why, they are all mid-tier in cost, they all crash well and all but one fits well (i'll let the kawi riders tell you which one doesn't).

as for why a dealer says x, it's because a lot of dealers are really uninformed. why wouldn't akra be okay? colin edwards uses one. the wss team uses laser exhaust.

Tony

Coward stays behind freedom.
A braveman stands in front of freedom and defends it for others.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by FZR400Tony; 07-30-2002 at 08:39 AM.
post #10 of 97 (permalink) Old 07-30-2002, 02:07 PM Thread Starter

Jeez!

Oh LordDuckHunter - so knowing, yet so angry. Thanks for that link! Gained some much needed info. Maybe I will spring for the more expensive slip-ons. Do you know the web address for those companys?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode