Jet Kit For VTR1000 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-17-2002, 04:08 AM Thread Starter

Jet Kit For VTR1000

Greetings
Any thoughts on what is a good jet kit for a VTR1000?

as allways
thanks for your input
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-17-2002, 06:39 AM
Honda Moderator

The dynojet kit for this bike is more than sufficient & easy to get tuned properly. The effort is in the process of getting the tank, airbox & hoses on & off the bike... (the carbs actually go on & off pretty easy)

& watch those two "front" screws on the airbox that are in the shallow holders. If you pop the airbox lid into place with the screws already sitting in the guides the screws jump out & fall to the absolute hardest place to reach on top of the engine case sandwiched between the cylinders.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-17-2002, 08:28 AM

I used the Factory kit, it worked well for me. I paid $10 dollars extra to get the titanium needles. Anybody know if there is actually any benefit to the titanium needles or did I just pay $10 bucks for nothing? Ditto on LDH's advise too. Its a real bugger to get all the hoses and everything where they are supposed to be because of the clearance. Ditching the PAIR would probably give you more room to work. I left mine in but blocked the airbox port to it with a wirenut. For the front screws, hes right on the money there. I taped mine to the socket to lower them in on reassembly after extracting the first one from where it fell. This was my first re-jet job so I took plenty of high res pics with my digital camera as I went along to make sure I could get it all back together. If you want to see any let me know.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-17-2002, 03:00 PM

SuperHawk jet kit

I'm going to have mine dynotuned at Lee's Cycle here in San Diego, they've done several 'Hawks and specifically told me to go with the Factory jet kit for this model bike.

Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode