51's could stand to lose some weight :) - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-12-2002, 11:01 AM Thread Starter

Talking 51's could stand to lose some weight :)

how much have you guys lost on the RC 51's with the flapper valve removal, pair removal, lighter full pipes, solid rearsets, wheels, etc?

grind some cans. lose more weight?

juss wondering what it feels like now with the lost weight, anything you can compare it to? or it just still rather heavy?

aka, Gixxerboy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-12-2002, 11:25 AM

I haven't weighed mine since I prepped it for the track but it lost enough wieght that I could even feel it. The slip-ons saved several pounds. The OEM bodywork and plastic subframe tray shaved more. Headlights, turnsignals, clipons, rearsets, exhaust hangers, flapper, pair valve crap, two gallon freaking radiator reservoir and a few other tidbits gone for several more pounds of weight.

I plan to bring the bike to work and weigh it when I get it back together. I'm interested to know also. It isn't nearly as light as the GSXR-750 though. The bike was already right on par with the other liter twins. The 2002 model RC starts out 7 pounds lighter.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-12-2002, 11:36 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
[i]I plan to bring the bike to work and weigh it when I get it back together. I'm interested to know also. It isn't nearly as light as the GSXR-750 though. The bike was already right on par with the other liter twins. The 2002 model RC starts out 7 pounds lighter. [/B]

i thought i was 8 pounds but whose nitt picking...

hey john, i sat on a 954 today, my new bike race was between a 954, Gixxer 750, and RC51,

and i dont think i like the 954's cockpit.. im sure its a great bike..and if anyone hands me the keys, im out! the RC is looking more and more promising, sat on that as well, felt more at home on it..

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-12-2002, 01:06 PM

Blackhawk

When i was looking @ the 954's i was a little skeptical of the cock pit too...It felt narrow & just over all differnt then the other bikes....But I said what the hell....Well im glad i gave it a chance, cause im madd loving it now.....& wouldnt trade it up for anything else, at least not for a while, when its time for a new bike..

One of my boyz is gonna get a new bike..He was thinking about the new R1s...Yesterday we went for a rip and wanted to ride my 954, he also rode this other dudes new gixxer 1000.. Needless to say, he liked my bike better he said it was more comfy while riding and handeling...

Anyway im sure its a matter of preference, what one guy likes, the next hates...

Last edited by Ruff-rida; 07-12-2002 at 01:09 PM.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-12-2002, 08:11 PM Thread Starter

ruff rida..

your making my decision harder..

juss playin.. i think ima have to ride all three bikes agian before i make a purchase, simply cuz i dont ride all the time like i used to..

ya know when you ride all the time, you notice all the little things.. weight, how your wrists feel.. cramped seating..etc..

now a days.. when i get on a ride.. iim juss damn happy to be on one.. its hard to remember what positions this that ya feel.. anyhow.. thats part of the reason im asking about the weight department of the RC... so i can know what all im goin to do it it immediately after i buy one... if i do..

guys ride safe, (slow).. lol
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-13-2002, 05:47 AM

Another way to save/lose weight on your bike is for you too lose your spare tire.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-13-2002, 10:12 AM

There's an extreme example of RC-51 weight loss at the following link. The guy's not a native English speaker, but his bike is amazing, albeit somewhat odd-looking

http://www.honda-rc51.de/
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-14-2002, 06:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Kneeslider1
Another way to save/lose weight on your bike is for you too lose your spare tire.
my spare tire comes in the form of a six pack..

a six pack of muscle..

sorry, i have the skinny gene.. eat all i want, gain nothing..
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-14-2002, 06:09 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by nominal_squid
There's an extreme example of RC-51 weight loss at the following link. The guy's not a native English speaker, but his bike is amazing, albeit somewhat odd-looking

http://www.honda-rc51.de/
yeah, been there, at RC51.net, they speak of him a lot,

i'd love to afford that bike.. to go along wit my porche c4 and benz sl hunnin..

i also heard this bike weighs less than edwards bike..WSBK

Last edited by gixxerboy; 07-14-2002 at 06:23 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode