calling all RC owners, radiator question - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-04-2002, 07:19 PM Thread Starter

Question calling all RC owners, radiator question

ive been thinking about the front mount radiator for the 51's and thought that HRC offered a kit or something maybe, but i couldnt find anything about it when i did a search.

can anyone shed any light on this situation? maybe a link to a place that sells a kit? john?

thanks guys

still selling my ducati monster, any takers? make me an offer must sell now!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-04-2002, 07:37 PM
Honda Moderator

got $4500?
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-04-2002, 07:56 PM

Why would you want a different radiator ? Just curious.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-04-2002, 08:54 PM Thread Starter

Talking Good lord!

im not a big fan of the side mount radiators, and what helps that out is people complain about the twins running hotter, thats what i read, and hear..

who offers that 4500 dollar kit? thass insane, you could get a custom welder/and machinist to fabricate for at least half that, you think?
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-04-2002, 09:07 PM
Honda Moderator

The biggest problem is people are whiners...

Plus they buy an RC51, a bike clearly designed to be ridden at a swift pace, purpose built for the most part to be in motion as a basis of it's inherent design for efficiency (ram-air, side mounted rads that use low pressure air flow to remove heat etc) & try to use it as a commuter in stop & go traffic then complain when the temp goes up over 220 degrees etc...

There have been some instances of people having air bubbles in their radiators because they didn't follow proper procedure when changing coolant & I have seen a couple cases where they were using a map way too lean etc, but all in all unless you're doing internal motor work the stock rads are fine, even for racing purposes.

post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-04-2002, 09:14 PM Thread Starter

good input,

im one of those that has to ask ya know.. i an info ho, it may or may not help me in the future, but i like the satisfaction of knowing.. and all this helps, thanks for your replys

and nice bike ldh, you make me envious, are those arrow cans you have?

Last edited by gixxerboy; 07-04-2002 at 09:29 PM.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-05-2002, 07:03 AM

Front mount radiator probably wouldn't make much difference in stop and go traffic anyway. Hell, for $4500 you could just keep a couple of spare engines in case one blows up.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-05-2002, 05:13 PM

For that price you could buy a used superhawk for traffic! Mine idles for 20-30 minutes sometimes in 90 heat stopped on the freeway and it doesnt overheat at all.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-05-2002, 05:37 PM Thread Starter

feezy

yeah, in stop and go traffic, the thing wouldnt help, but i figured it might be feasible to have one like most other bikes if it was cheap, but i guess not, and the other thing that might have been good is to not crash and have a busted radiator, in a light crash...

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-05-2002, 05:44 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up

oh and nick, nice 51, wish i had one, or could juss ride someones so i can figure out it twins are for me or not!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode