cleaning questions - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-27-2002, 10:03 AM Thread Starter

cleaning questions

What's the best stuff to use to get the bugs and crude of my plastics and the crud off my engine and wheels. I figure if I clean it I could drop a couple of pounds.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-27-2002, 10:10 AM

Best Stuff

Soap, water and elbow grease for plastics, WD40 for metal surfaces, knowing it will heat up and burn off when you run bike, or just hose all surfaces down with water and towel dry afterwards.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-27-2002, 10:13 AM

Re: cleaning questions

Quote:
Originally posted by baberider
What's the best stuff to use to get the bugs and crude of my plastics and the crud off my engine and wheels. I figure if I clean it I could drop a couple of pounds.
Thanks
There are all sorts of spray cleaners that are easier and quicker than soap and water. Next time you're at the shop check them out. They have all surface cleaners that will work on your windshield, plastics, and even the exhaust can.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-01-2002, 02:17 PM

I use this stuff called K&L Cycle Wash.. get the bike wet, spray K&L stuff all over, let it sit a few minutes, then hose it off.. Usually that's all I need to do.. Of course there's the occasional sticky bug that wont come off, so you have to wash it off with a mitt or sponge etc, but I swear by that stuff
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-05-2002, 06:23 PM

HONDABRITE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-05-2002, 08:54 PM

Use any citrus based cleaner to lift the dirt and grime up. The Honda brand cleaner works very well also.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode