F4i Tire question - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-24-2002, 04:18 PM Thread Starter

Question F4i Tire question

Well, I've got my SECOND F4i now, thanks to a moving van running over my other one in the parking lot here at the apartments. Got a SWEET deal and I'm not out any money except the undertail I had on my previous one. In my eyes, NO BIG DEAL. But I do have a question....

The previous one I had came stock with Michelin Pilot Sports. The one I have now came with Bridgestone Battlax BT010's. I've also heard, and I think DTLaine is the one I heard it from, is that they come with Dunlop 207's as well. I've never seen an F4i, or any other Honda sportbike for that matter, with Bridgestone's on them. Did I get some sort of freak accident, or is Honda just trying to make all of the tire manufacturers happy by providing their tires stock. If so, why didn't I get the one with the Metzeler's?!?

I'm not really complaining about them, 'cause the riding that I've done since getting it on saturday has proved a couple of things to me:

1. They warm up immensely faster that the Pilots.
2. They seem a bit more responsive at cruising speed.
3. With compression and dampening set the same as before, they seem to not 'bounce' as much over rough terrain as the Pilots.

Anyone got any feed back about the Battlax's? Complaints, praises, or otherwise?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-24-2002, 06:22 PM

Jroost, the F4i's for 2001 (don't know about the '02's)came with Piolts, 010's and 207. Mine has the 010's and I liked them but have nothing to compare them to. I just ordered new 010's this am to replace mine. I almost went with Pilots but had many people mention the warm up time.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-26-2002, 04:21 PM

Post ...

Mine came with 10's. Trying the 20's now, trying to see if I can get a few more miles out of these. Got over 5k out of the 10's.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-27-2002, 11:50 AM Thread Starter

Cool....thanks for the replies, guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode