I Hate The Gsx-r!!!! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-19-2002, 03:47 PM Thread Starter

I Hate The Gsx-r!!!!

ok I dont really hate it....BUT I AM LOOKING FOR A REASON TO! Im a die hard honda rider (929rr) and my buddies all own GSXR's (750 and 2 1000's) and i cant stand them making fun of my 929 anymore. I can outride 2 of em based on skill, but its not enough defense. They keep hitting me with the hard numbers (quarter time weight power) I need some ammunition!! help me here! this should stir up some muddy water..... i know all yall love em too....there has to be another red rider out there who will come to my aid!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-19-2002, 04:01 PM
Lifetime Premium

Re: I Hate The Gsx-r!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Llamafood
ok I dont really hate it....BUT I AM LOOKING FOR A REASON TO! Im a die hard honda rider (929rr) and my buddies all own GSXR's (750 and 2 1000's) and i cant stand them making fun of my 929 anymore. I can outride 2 of em based on skill, but its not enough defense. They keep hitting me with the hard numbers (quarter time weight power) I need some ammunition!! help me here! this should stir up some muddy water..... i know all yall love em too....there has to be another red rider out there who will come to my aid!
Just be patient, the Suzukis will blow-up soon enough

Fairing repair / Plastic Welding / Gas Tank Repair / Fabrication and Customization
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or s3sportbikes.com
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-19-2002, 04:09 PM

im pretty true to the red,BUT I do own a gixxer right now and as much as I hate to say it, I love it, its got 41k on it and runs like a dream . i can take about all the 900 rrs on speed, power, handling, nothing much to bitch about. sorry I thought I was going to back you up, ooops!

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-19-2002, 05:02 PM

Just show them some GP race results....
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-20-2002, 07:50 AM

Re: Re: I Hate The Gsx-r!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by chris_y2k_r1

Just be patient, the Suzukis will blow-up soon enough

Could just tell them that the ZX-9R beat the 954 and the GSXR in times. Then you can all cry together.
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-20-2002, 07:53 AM

Something I do to pick on the GSXR riders here is when I see them pull up on their 750 or 1000 I just ask, "How do you like the new 600... Oh sorry that's a 750." Or, "That's pretty fast for a 600."

They apparently have a shortage of people in the design department. They are like the Japanese Ducati. "Ahh skwew it, juss use 600 pwastic. Nobody know da diffwence."
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-20-2002, 08:19 AM

Re: I Hate The Gsx-r!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Llamafood
Im a die hard honda rider (929rr) and my buddies all own GSXR's (750 and 2 1000's) and i cant stand them making fun of my 929 anymore.
There's nothing quite as tiresome as "spec sheet jockeys" who natter endlessly about how good their bikes are...on paper. They're kinda like guys who brag about the size of their, uh, equipment, but never actually get laid.

Let 'em crow about the latest 6-way comapro or their $2000 pipe-n-jet job; if they can't catch me on a bit of twisty pavement, it don't mean squat. I especially enjoy going faster than the big-mouths when I'm on a bike that's unquestionably inferior to theirs. At the end of the ride, they get reeeeeaaaallll quiet if they couldn't keep up with my wheezy little Hawk GT--and it does happen.

Work hard on your riding. Read Code's Twist of the Wrist II. Go out and practice when your buddies aren't around. Attend a track school and don't tell them about it. Then, after you've left them in the dust, concede humbly that your lowly 929 really isn't up to the standards set by the almighty GSXR, but you were just having a "good day." After a string of "good days," you'll hear less and less about the Gixxer's superiority.
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-20-2002, 08:20 AM

All you fools are jealous of the almighty GSXR

Seriously, if you can beat these guys, then challenge them everytime someone quotes you a performance number. That will shut them up. In my opinion, there are no bad motorcycles out there. As for Gsx-r, Cbr, R1 /R6, ZX... they are all plenty fast. I test drove pretty much everything (except 2002 R1 and the European twins) before I bought mine, and trust me, its the RIDER, not the machine. The ony reason I chose the Gix750 was the howl of the air intakes, and exaust at around 14,000rpms - I instantly got a boner Any of those other bikes will beat mine, in numbers at least.

The only time these numbers mean anything is on the track riding at 100%.

BTW, what does the GP results have anything to do with a GSXR or CBR A good comparision would be a true open class supersport class - NOT Formula Extreme. I hope the AMA gets rid of the 750 SS and replace them with CBRs, Gix 1000, R1s & ZX-9s.
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-20-2002, 08:37 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to FZR400Tony
just tell 'em, "if my bike sucks that bad and you were that far behind me...well, maybe for the sake of your precision little ego, i should keep the 929."

however, they are right. you know why suzuki breakdown so often?

so yamaha riders can catch up to them

btw, i own one of each, i can make that comment. and i wish my yamaha was half as dependable as my suzuki.

Tony

Coward stays behind freedom.
A braveman stands in front of freedom and defends it for others.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-20-2002, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by FZR400Tony

however, they are right. you know why suzuki breakdown so often?

so yamaha riders can catch up to them

LOL!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode